The proposed deal i currently have from local MB dealer is

$msrp $60,030
buy price 56,500

without tax payment would be $589

with me paying out of pocket taxes, title, tags, acquisition fee
which they say total $5500

any thoughts from any of you out there?
thanks

I can confirm that’s the right residual and the MF is not marked up. I don’t see any red flags.

The main issue is the discount. SUVs are popular, so they’ll be pricier than the equivalent sedan. Here in Southern California, prices on GLE are averaging 8% off MSRP, and I would target 10% off personally.

Seems a bit pricey, but you’re buying the hot new SUV from the in-town dealer. Q5 / X5 might lease better.

@scooper

MSRP $60,030
buy price $54,200

$608 with tax
36 mo 12k
$5101 due at signing plus DMV fee for MD

@Anthony_Lopez
DSR Leasing

That’s an unattractive deal for a ho hum car. X5 leases better

Please help me with following as I am doing lease first time.

MSRP : 63370, Selling : 55295, Leasing 36M/12K, RV: 55%, MF: .00047. According to dealer, Monthly its 699.
First payment as $2346
Acquisition fee = $1095
Monthly = $699
Doc = $552

He is only providing RV as 56% for 36M/10K. Not sure what else to check/make sure before finalizing

Aim for 13% off and put auto pay on and 6 security deposits. The MF should be 0.00055 for that car, and you can get it down to 0.00003. (that is CA mf, maybe different in other states) that car should be under $600 a month.

I am at 12.75% off. Not sure if that will go to 13%.

13%off is still not making the lease under 600 with autopay and MSD

Are you rolling the acquisition fee in. My calcs are with it being paid upfront. Having said that I was at 10k miles so it might be slightly over $600

what the normal process. pay acquisition fees up front?

And what are other things I need to make sure before signing contract? How do I figure out the buy out price after 3 years?

$622 is what I make it

Thanks,

what the normal process. pay acquisition fees up front?

And what are other things I need to make sure before signing contract? How do I figure out the buy out price after 3 years?

Well you will just pay interest on the acquisition fee if you roll it in so if you can afford to pay it upfront why not. I always like low monthly payments but everyone is different.

based on your calculation with MSD, the APR is 0.02%, so the interest on that APR for 795 is nothing. Did I calculate wrong?

Yeah, you are right, I make the APR 0.07% at 0.00003. But I am calculating from 0.00055 MFwhich is the standard for a GLE350, not sure if it different for a 4WD. If it is 0.0047 then do Autopay and 5 security deposits to get to 0.00002 and 0.05% APR. Payment goes down a $ or so.

Thx for the information. Just one last question. Between RX350 and GLE 350, which once wins the reliability and low maintenance cost?

For the price of a GLE I can lease an RX350 for nearly $200 less a month. Looking at an rx450h f sport for just over $500.

That sounds like a good deal on a rx450! I wonder what they will be on a 350?

Yeah, I know they don’t drive well but in LA they get good mpg and they are safe for the wife and kids. Would rather the Merc

Hi pratikgr,
Can you share the details of the dealers you are talking to? I am looking to lease a GLE 350 as well (trading in my lexus rx450h) and starting to look for the best deal. I was thinking of waiting till end of December but if I can get a good deal now, I will go for it.

Has anyone used service of Roadster (or Truecar)? Roadster seem to negotiate the RV and MF on your behalf.

1 Like