Mazda lease buyout (FL) (TLT/MFS?)

Trying to take some equity with my wifes 2020 Mazda CX9 GT and get something smaller. No real “need” for 3rd row. It seems like the biggest snag is CarMax not able to do the buyout? I’ve seen several mixed messages on this here so of course i called CarMax after receiving a $33.4k buyout online with them. My buyout is $239xx + 14 payments left at $385. Puts me in the 3.5k-4k equity range. Unfortunately the rep i talked to said no they cant do Mazda or Toyota. My contract is (TLT) Toyota Lease Trust or essentially Mazda Financial. I am in Florida so that also seems to be mixed messages on what i can and can’t do. Has anyone RECENTLY had sucess with Mazda and CarMax specifically? I know there are other places but they were by far highest. So much so if i have to buyout myself and pay taxes it still probably makes sense but not sure best way to go about that. Thanks

Nope. CarMax has a company-wide policy, they won’t buy that lease, as well as lease from

Magic 8 ball personally says, contact @AutoNinjas using EquityHackr.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Actually I did contact them first, and also Carvana. Both were similar but with CarMax being nearly $3k more I was hoping it may actually be doable.

You would have to buy the lease out and pay sales tax. If the Carmax sign says no, the answer unfortunately is no.

1 Like

Find a dealer that will match CarMax. Good luck.

Will non Mazda dealers do that buyout? Specifically looking at the new Kia Sportage as a possible replacement. I’ll definitely look into that if so.

I dont think TLT has blocked 3rd party buyouts entirely. But you can call them and figure that out.

1 Like

There are probably lots of small/local chains that own both Toyota/Mazda and Kia franchises

Also the larger conglomerates like Autonation, Carshop/Penske, Lithia, Sonic, etc.

1 Like

Shoot me an email at Matt@autoleaseninjas.com with your VIN/Reference number and I will take another look at this for you. I’ll save the explanation on how and why offers may be quite different between our program and others, but what I know for a fact we have the edge over the competition is our willingness to personally assist and provide professional advice and communication instead of generic support reps.

-Matt

1 Like

Thanks Matt. I replied back to our original email asking about possible Sportage deals.

Chase Mazda leases can be bought buy Carmax.

I confirmed that with a Carmax rep over the weekend

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.