Mazda CX-5 Touring w/ preferred package help!

First time leaser here, so still wrapping my head around all this. Got this number from a dealer here in east brunswick. Guy wouldn’t budge any further on discount of car. 2000$ down, 329 a month for 12k/36 months. How’s it look?

This seems pretty terrible, but to actually analyze the deal, you need to go to Edmunds and figure out the money factor and residual value of the car. Also, give Edmunds your zip code so they can tell you what, if any, incentives there may be on this car. Check with the dealership what money factor they’re using to ensure it’s base.

After that, come back, plug these numbers into the Leasehackr calculator, plug in the numbers you get from Edmunds, and see how these numbers line up.

Next, use the Search function on this site to see what others are getting.

Also please ask the dealer to list/remove the “financed aftermarkets” crap they’ve tacked on. I’m guessing useless protection film, etc. If I had to guess, I’d say you should end up around $300 with $0 DAS but don’t quote me on it.

He’d be lucky to get $350 with $0 down, $300 isn’t happening.

@dmdevinm does this quote include tax? I don’t see it anywhere. also - look into doing MSDs. As a NJ resident you can now do MSDs with Mazda. On that note, you may want to blur your name and address from the picture you uploaded.

See -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_Z__rTwjHWhBewKD2oihtWeFzGdWrILubtgkPgD2qDE/htmlview

That’s showing $300mo $0 DAS on 10k/36 and pre-tax. Once you change to 12k and add tax I’m guessing $350mo $0das is the lowest you’ll be able to go on that model

@overmotion thanks for the shoutout. @dmdevinm can definitely help you with this!

This is MSRP plus $1200 in rebates. Laughable. Probably not worth negotiating with that dealer.

The wife has a '19 Touring w/ PP in the garage downstairs. $29.0k MSRP, cap was in the low $26k range after rebates and loyalty. $299/mo with 9.25% sales tax and $550 DAS for 36/12k. I have no idea how this compares with what’s available given current circumstances, but it at least gives you an idea of what might be possible.