Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Preferred $280 in NJ

Hi All, first thanks for all the awesome information and guidance in this forum, it’s been very valuable. My wife’s Mazda CX-9 lease is up the beginning of next year and while there are some awesome deals on luxury vehicles, she really just wanted a smaller SUV and really liked her Mazda so the CX-5 seems like the perfect replacement.

While I’ve read here that these don’t lease great, I think this offer is very solid and it keeps me in check with my mantra that’s taken me many years to fully understand: “Happy wife, happy life”. Here are the details after negotiating with several dealers:

MSRP: [$28,935]
Sales Price: [$26,097] ~10% off
Rebates/Incentives: [$1,610]
Final Price: [$24, 487]
Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]
MF: [0.00001]
Residual: [57%]
Lic/Reg: [$169]
Acq Fee [$595]
Doc Fee [$599] Ugh, includes $199 etch fee
Total Due At Signing/ Drive Off: [$280] First month only
Monthly Payment: [$280]

I negotiated separately a trade in on the Mazda CX-9 that had 5 payments and the price they offered is 600 less than I owe but that is the best offer compared to other dealers. Since the MF is so low I’m going to roll it into the above which brings the payment to 300/month.

3 Likes

doc fee is negotiable; get them to waive it in exchange for your negative equity
stick with 280/month

btw, 600 neg eq with that low MF is more like $17/mo, not 20.

I’ll give it a shot and that was the piece I was worried about. They did make the best offer on my trade, 1k better than the best offer from all the other dealers I went to.

which mazda dealership did you go with?

Looks good. $280 including tax? If so, probably the best cx5 lease.

Congrats, sounds like a great deal and it seems Mazda has finally gotten serious about moving metal out the door at a competitive price.

One thing… go for the I-ACTIVSENSE® PACKAGE. Adaptive cruise control is really a cool feature and you can add then navigation by buying a memory card from the dealer. That get it all on a Grand Touring.

Open Road Mazda in Morristown

Yes it was $280 including tax but I rolled in the negative equity for my trade which brought it to $300 with just first month out of pocket. I made the deal but couldn’t get them to budge any more but since they gave me a good price on my trade I’m satisfied.

1 Like

Nice… I hope to get a decent deal like yours in the future.

Do you know the breakdown of the rebates/incentives?

The Honcker app has the grand touring for $290 with $1400 in fees. MSRP of 31k. I’m thinking about getting it.