Mazda CX-5 Lease need help

Okay new offer. $325/month. 0 down. 1000 drive off. 12k/36 months on the 2020 Black CX-5 sport.

You got this - your deal is moving in the right direction. Share your calculator so we can be more helpful. And since you started with a garbage add-on problem show us the add-ons as well. I think leasehackr’s are most helpful when you share the calculator and your lease worksheet.

This. None of us know what the right monthly payment is for for your situation for every car. What we do know is how to work it out with all the details.

1 Like

I would share the calculator. The only things is the dealers are making the deals over text and are giving me $325/month. 0 down. 1000 drive off. 12k/36 month only. Not the selling price… This is my own calculator of one of the car I picked.

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=none&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=26135&sales_price=23500&months=36&mf=.0001&dp=0&dealer_fee=400&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=55&reg_fee=600&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=0&memo=I%20am%20doing%20a%201000%20drive%20off%20not%20down%20payment.%20Incentive%201st%20month%20paid%20for…&monthlyTax_radio=true

I am not sure if I am doing correctly. Not sure where I put the drive off fee?

I did the math by hand for a depreciation value of 253.49 and share of 3.79. Coming up with 257.28.

Without any disrespect, you are unprepared and moving too fast. You will not fully understand all the moving parts of your deal unless you get the information you need from the dealer. You can do this, but slow down and get the information you need to make a good deal.

A helpful dealer will be happy to share the lease worksheet. They are pumping numbers into some deal software to give you the $325 $1000 drive off. That same software produces a document most people refer to as a lease worksheet. Text your dealer a version of this text: “Thanks for the information. Can you please email my lease worksheet at IAmGoingToNegotiateAGoodDeal$275@gmail.com (your email) so I can wrap my head around the numbers. I want to understand the net capitalized cost calculation, the MF, and the other key deal variables”. This will give you the information you need to build the lease calculator properly and to consider your key deal variables. Post your deal and leasehackrs will be helpful.

None taken. Thank you for your honesty. I am in an unfortunate place where I need to get the car this weekend, so it has put a bit of stress on me. I am trying to understand all the moving parts as well. I will get the worksheets. Again I appreciate the advice!

@heedee
What state are you in? Have you looked into using a broker? Brokers can get you a good deal quickly.

AZ (85254). I am not familiar with a broker.

Good news you have 7 Mazda dealerships around you, so you have options. I can’t find an AZ Mazda broker here quickly, but someone might suggest one for you before too long.

By any chance, have you looked at a Toyota RAV4? If you haven’t, don’t start now. There is a very good Toyota dealer that does deals in AZ.

Thank you ! I appreciate all your help! I was interested in the rav4, but didn’t think I could afford it.

Would you prefer the RAV4 over the CX-5 if the numbers work for you?

I am currently in a Honda sedan lease which ends this July so I was going to do the deposition fee for that and I was thinking either Toyota or Mazda, so that would work if the numbers worked out!

Will be higher than quote, PA tax is 9%, more for counties with sales tax above 7% (add 2% to sales tax to calculate).

Hoping I did this correctly.

You need to find out from edmunds what buy rate mf is, confirm the rv, and what the incentives are. They’re lumping together the discount and rebates in their offer. Also, there are a bunch of add ons they list at the end that are itemized, which are inflating your price. Finally, you’ll need to verify fee information.

I did get the rv and mf. 55% and .0001. It matches. 55 incentive. I’ll get the fee info

I said no VTR or protection fee.

@heedee

Good to see you are chipping away at your CX-5 Sport FWD 36/12k lease.

A couple of things.

1. Listen to mllc42, he is always spot on. Garbage add -ons can turn a good deal into a bad deal.

2. Your MF is 0.00001. That is with 4 zeroes after the decimal (you have 3). MAKE sure the dealer does it correctly on your deal, it is VERY easy to miss a “0” which plays in the dealers favor. We are not talking big money, but a buck is a buck. This part is important - the MF will NOT show up on your contract. Tell the dealer you want to see the “lease worksheet” with the MF on it OR you want to see the screen with the 4 zero MF in there with the monthly payment he/she quoted. No cheating here, but 3 vs 4 zeroes is easy to mis-input. I had this happen to me. I just politely said “Hey you missed a zero, I have done this too. Can you please put in the correct MF”.

3. Selling Price PRE-INCENTIVES

$26,135 Your MSRP
minus $24,000 Dealer Offer Price
equals $2,135 Dealer Discount
8.17% Discount

You are solid, but you can push for a better price than 8.17% off PLUS $55 lease credit… Target at least 10% off or $23,500 so offer a little below this and come up if the negotiation warrants.

I am not familiar with AZ but that is a big Doc Fee at $499 (coming from CA’s $85). Doc fee is pure profit for the dealer.

1. Mazda is waving the first lease payment up to $500. Talk to your dealer about this and make sure it’s in your deal. Get all the incentives Mazda is offering.

Good luck.

1 Like

There is nothing special about the CX5 to warrant spending that much … look at the Marketplace to see what else you could get for your money

The price receiving is High don’t do it