Mazda CX-30 0.9% APR financing for 36 months

Recently came across this Mazda CX-30 financing offer. Is it a good deal?

Everyone will have different opinions on what a “good” deal is for any given car. At the end of the day, it comes down to how you feel about it. Here are some Lease 101 tips that we’d recommend:

3 Likes

On its own, 0.9% is a great finance rate. You won’t be able to get anything close to that rate at a bank or credit union on a new-car loan.

However, if you pay $60,000 for a $30,000 car and then finance it at 0.9%, you’re getting hosed. :slight_smile:

Make sure the deal on the vehicle itself is competitive before you purchase/finance.

7 Likes

There’s a lot more to consider

What do you need in a vehicle, what’s your budget and how long do you plan to own it?

In addition to what everyone has said above you also always need to compare the manufacturer finance incentive with what discount/financing you can achieve on your own.

i.e., are you better off buying the CX-30 for $35k @ 0.9% finnaced through Mazda, or buying it for $32k @ 4% financed through your bank? You have to run the numbers.

Certainly a lot more to consider. I need a budget car 2nd car for some short commute. CX-30 2.5 S Select is something I’m looking for, around $27k (including destination fee), nothing fancy but not too basic. I’d like to keep it long term (> 5yrs) but I have never owned a Mazda before so not sure how reliable it is.

Right. Not sure if I can get any meaningful discount (>5%) on a new Mazda these days. I haven’t started asking around yet. Was trying to see if the financing makes sense if I paid with MSRP, then any discount I can get is icing on the cake.

Sure, this would not happen as the car I am looking at is less than $30k :slight_smile: But I get your point.

It’s subjective. Just want to gather some sense from the forum. There is a lot more homework I would have to do. I may not lease this time but thanks for the link.

Have you checked Marketplace? You may be pleasantly surprised (I am looking at you @AutoNinjas)

1 Like

Thanks. I sent you a PM @AutoNinjas

1 Like

For long term ownership, you’d want not just reliability but also value retention and ease of sale. On those criteria, it’s Toyota first, Honda second and then daylight between everyone else.

Something to think about.

Checkout the corolla cross from @Jrouleau426

Good point. Corolla Cross LE priced very similar but at 9.07% APR (as advertised on website) for 36 months. ~$3800 more than 0.9% (if i used the leasehackr calculator correctly!). That’s probably enough to compensate for the lesser residual value for Mazda. A wild guess. I hear you, Toyota and Honda are certainly the leaders.

You don’t have to take the OEM financing

I went for 0.9% APR for 36 months for CX-30 turbo today with 4.5% off MSRP discount.

They have this offer for CX-5 as well and a fair number of the CX-5s listed for sale are discounted on cargurus and some dealers have 200+ in inventory in my area.

This is the inventory at one dealer and based on the number of cars they have, I think CX-5 might get the best discount.

Toyota and Honda in my area are having very low inventory and to get MSRP, needs to place an order.

With VW I’ve tried the VW Partner program and what I got was: Due to very tight inventory, we are not able to participate in the partner program at this time and our markup is a modest $500

2 Likes