Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't get how Equityhackr works

I have a 2019 BMW 330i with M-Sport which I got pre-pandemic. I’m at the end of the lease and just did Equityhacker the other day. What they offered was less than the payoff. I also had done Carvana or one of those sites a few months ago and it was the same situation – no equity. Folks here said it was because it was a 330i, small engine and sedan, which are not in demand these days.

Howdy!

Time sure flies eh. It’s true regarding the 330i, My M340I is approaching lease end, in fact I made my last payment weekend and AN quoted me 46K and my payoff is about 38k with taxes. Granted I haven’t done the in person inspection yet.

Equity Hackr LOWBALLS hard, atleast initially.

I was looking to sell my sisters lease for her and when I put in the specs they offered garbage for a car that is decent/high demand. 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe. I did not put any more effort into reaching out after that lowball offer and went through a dealership and sold her car there and made my sister $5k in profit.

I think Equityhackr offered below Payoff LOL.

Only thing is your car is very specific and its only been a year and a couple months which is usually not a good time for early return. You can wait til atleast 2years/2 1/2 years which is a good time to check out options or find a dealership which will buy the car for a even wash.

2 Likes

Same experience with my M340I, if and when I sell, I will go with AN.

I was away from the site for a little bit … thanks to all for the thoughtful replies!

Things have actually changed a bit, now my kid got into a selective private school, so I’m leaning more toward “need” to get out of the lease to free up monthly expense. I do love the car, but I have 5 cars for just me, so the only one I still have to pay for is starting to “need” to go… lol

1 Like

I’d fire the financial advisor who advised you to carry five cars instead of saving for your child’s education.

6 Likes

Eh, it’s not an impressive or expensive list, just acquired over the years. 1992 Eagle Talon Tsi, 2003 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Toyota Sequoia and a 2013 Toyota Sienna.

Turning the 330i in, I’ll have to break the Talon out again; that car’s a riot to drive with 21 lbs of boost.

College saving no problem, private school for middle school, unexpected. But he’s a talented kid so worth it.

3 Likes

Similar situation here - 2020 330ix, owe ~$37k through BMWFS payoff, was offered $32,000 via autonation. Pretty much -$400 in equity assuming my lease was paid off by this date. I just wanted to see if I could get bought out early, apply some equity towards the leasing of a Giulia or something as I’m not so concerned with reliability since I don’t drive as much… No luck, but I’ll try again in another 8-9 months.

What’s AN?

Autonation

A classic!!! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.