šŸ›» MAY TOYOTA All states! DEALERS NATIONWIDE! Deals below invoice! 24 taco $4k off TUNDRA upto $8k off! Best pricing USA

Does the dealer swap the seats out of a cloth truck?

1 Like

Yes, any cloth truck the dealer can install leather. Personally, I would get one that had leather from the factory but I donā€™t think heated is an option that way.

2 Likes

Crazy, people literally flying cross country to get these deals !

Swap the complete set of seats? No. They reupholster the existing seats.

If there ever was a month to put leather in a sr5 itā€™s now. It adds about $60/mo. So youā€™ll be under $350/mo for most vehicles adding leather.

Or you can get the sr5 with leather package but that isnā€™t a sport or offrd and doesnā€™t have convenience either. The next option for leather is in the limited and above trims.

1 Like

What is the quality for aftermarket leather and install compared to factory installed leather? Any possible pics available?

Factory leather package SR5 guy here - itā€™s nice but very plain / basic and honestly not sure now why I was so fixated on having it. Iā€™d MUCH rather have a truck with LEDs for example, if I was picking must haves. My suggestion is go without the leather.

LOVE my black trd wheel package though. Love love love it.

2 Likes

Whatever you do, do not test drive or sit in a platinum. That platinum leather is gorgeous.

Jim is that a pic of the aftermarket leather?

The only thing with cloth interior is that it looks worn by the bolsters area after a while. That is based on the pics Iā€™ve seen on used Tundras.

1 Like

One of the reasons I went with the Offroad instead, I figured leather would be nice (especially heated) but having the remote start, I would never use it anyways. Factory LED headlights was also a nice bonus.

This is honestly the first vehicle Iā€™ve ever had without leather and I donā€™t mind it at all. The Toyota cloth is easy to clean, very durable and denim-like. Doesnā€™t get super hot or cold in extreme temps either like leather does. I personally wouldnā€™t pay for aftermarket leather and I wouldnā€™t drive a car without heated leather living in the northeast!

5 Likes

Yup, we wouldā€™ve flown, but because of the Covid situation we drove from northern WI to pick up our Highlander, so 36 hours of driving over 48 hours. And it was worth it. Weā€™ll save $5500 over the course of our lease over what our local dealer wanted.

5 Likes

FWIW, I have an ā€˜18 Sequoia TRD Sport with Katzkin aftermarket leather (I also added heated seats to the front and 2nd row seats). The ā€˜18ā€™s leather quality is clearly superior to my ā€˜17 Sequoia Limited with factory leather.

3 Likes

We had the dealer put Katzkin leather (with heat) in our 2017 Tundra when we bought it. Iā€™ll take some pics tomorrow when itā€™s light out.

4 Likes

Donā€™t mind the dirt and dust (my husband is a firefighter and does a lot of woodworking). But this is the Katzkin we had the dealer install, including heat, in our 2017 Tundra when we bought it new. They are two-tone, we picked the colors/pattern.

5 Likes

Yes I didnā€™t add that you can pick from a lot of different colors. Only issue is that it wonā€™t match a lot of dashboards/trim if you want an unusual interior.

1 Like

Iā€™m used to leather having had it in all of my main vehicles for at least 20 years but with a 2 year lease in a tundra Iā€™m actually preferring the cloth seats. I live in NY and drove my new tundra sport to Florida at Christmas and back putting up 3000 miles in 14 days. The vehicle has so much to offer with its roomy smooth ride that Iā€™m happy having not spent $50 per month on something I could do without. These tundras are a deal of a lifetime and honestly adding $50 per month takes the deal out of it. Just my opinion. Having said that these deals are $40 per month less than when I done mine so maybe it could be justified :thinking:

Yep that why I said this month, if you want leather, now is the time!

1 Like

Hey Jim have you spoken to the dealership lately? Iā€™m wondering how there doing through all this. They have been very nice to my family.

Wow that looks great.

We still have all ā€œnon-essentialā€ businesses closed in PA. Ritaā€™s water ice is open luckily though :exploding_head:

The pa dealers association is lobbying the govt for them to be allowed to open appointment and internet sales only. I should know Monday if that works out. As of now weā€™re deemed non essential, just parts and service is allowed to be open.

Iā€™m able to price vehicles and get paperwork ready for when we do open.

5 Likes