🔮 May 2021 - Ask Miss Cleo

Hold Up Wait A Minute GIF by ABC Network

So

a) incentives are actually available to dealers ahead of time
b) looking at incentives by dealers, and leaking them to the general public wont cost them their job
c) r/askcarsales is wrong

d) StonksOnlyGoUp :chart_with_upwards_trend:

2 Likes

Not specifically May of 2021 but I think this year we see some new-weird luxury bean-cans: the nicest/fastest sports coups with absolutely 0 tech

1 Like

With the Audi April Costco deal coming to an end, what are your expectations for May? Does Costco always have a deal similar to what they offered on the Audi special?

They tend to alternate brands. During a normal year, i wouldn’t have been surprised to see Volvo back on the chopping block. This year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see nothing up next.

Have you tried hitting F5? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In general leasing will get more expensive. Get use to it until inventory allocation can out pace the sales rates.

Incentives will decrease and the rate subventions will get lighter. The changes on the Toyota incentives for May shocked me. I use to be in the meetings to set the month-over-month changes at Toyota and I never imagined a time when they would pull back support on the entire lineup.

The only bright spot is that some lenders (non captives) may choose to drop rates and be stronger on the RVs to capture more market share.

The fundamentals for used car values will remain strong for quite some time. I don’t see any end in sight to strong equity positions on most 1-4 year old vehicles that have low miles and are in good condition.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 9 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.