Malibu vs camry vs passat vs focus April numbers

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I guess I neglected to mention that all negotiations were done via email with internet/fleet personnel and an agreement in principal was achieved. When visiting the dealer to sign and drive things went south and the games began. I should have walked but the Limited LT inventory was very low at all metro Phoenix dealers so I bit the bullet to avoid missing out on the $5585 in incentives. Rental cars ain’t cheap and had sunk at least $300 already so I wasn’t going to push it out much further.

So what’s the strategy when the fleet manager adamantly refuses to lease the car at the legitimate terms? Is there any recourse through the manufacturer or is it just dead at that point?

You walk, chances are they would chase you down in the parking lot, it does happen.

I was on the fence about leasing my Cruze Limited. I went in Saturday, test drove it, got their “best offer”. I left thinking it was ok but not great. They called a couple times during the week. Then on the next Saturday, a few days before end of the month, they came down another $500. Now $500 for buying is not that big of a deal, but over only 24 months, that is significant, about $25 per month.

Chevy is advertising 15% off MSRP on all 2015 models & 2016 Limited Malibu & Cruz. Is this automatic? I apply 15% discount to Malibu Limited LT & then the $4085 lease cash on top of that? Or does the 15% only apply to purchases?

15% off only applies to purchases.

At $190/month, that’s still better than most other midsize sedans. What was the MSRP and the selling price of the vehicle?

First, great site, very helpful. Have never leases before and your advice here has me considering.

Q: What is the residual on a Malibu 36 mos, 10k miles per year, zip code 78749? I have been quoted between .55 and .62 by different dealers and trying to pin this down.

Thanks.

Per above, i meant the Malibu Limited LT.

You’re in luck. There’s a ridiculous amount of incentives in your area.

2016 Malibu Limited 1LT
24/10K: 62% residual, .00040 MF
36/10K: 55% residual, .00125 MF

$4,085 GM Financial lease cash (all)
$900 Incremental Bonus cash (regional)
$1,000 Auto Show bonus cash (regional)

Targeted: $1,500 Competitive Lessee Cash or $500 Lease Loyalty + $500 Farm Bureau cash

$595 acquisition fee can be waived by increasing MF by .00055

In theory, someone could get a free single-pay lease (plus TX sales tax on selling price) if they qualified for all incentives and got $1,800 off MSRP…

1 Like

Hi Michael,

$900 Incremental Bonus cash (regional)
$1,000 Auto Show bonus cash (regional) ,

Are they available in CA?

Those regional incentives are specific to Austin, TX area.

Has anyone been getting any decent quotes on the 2016 Malibu Limited 1LT?

I got all in Massachusetts pricing at $161 per month on a 27mo 10k lease, $0 due at signing.
I wasn’t too concerned with MSRP and stuff because I am just looking for zero down and monthly payments. I qualify for $1,500 conquest and $500 farm bureau.

I told them I really wanted it under $100 a month to pull the trigger. They said they had a Malibu LS dealer demo they could do for $100 a month.

Thanks. I ended up going w/ LT, 24 months, 10K. $2600 down and $58 per month after. Would never have even considered leasing if not for this site. Feel great about the deal. Thanks so much for all the information our provide.

One more time -

PRICE, PRICE and PRICE again. It impacts your payment. Don’t be a payment buyer, no matter if your leasing or buying.

Why can’t they discount a 2016 non dealer demo for $100 a month and how is that going to happen with a 24-27 month lease???

Would you be interested in a very inexpensive BMW lease? I have some really cheap leases in the Bay area if you’re interested.

$182 a month/ 0 cap cost reduction. (and it includes maintenance)

• Tax/ DMV

Raphael.loberant@sonicautomotive.com

What car is this price for?