Malibu vs camry vs passat vs focus April numbers

Hello all,

I am looking for a 24/10k lease on any of those sedans. Does anyone have the numbers and rebates fir those models? Also any feedback or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any info?

I would wait if you can. Incentives will be better towards the start of summer.

Memorial Day Weekend is a big sales week. So is the week of July 4th and Veterans Day.

Factory orders usually stop for the current model year in July as they prepare for the next model year order.

This puts pressure on dealers to sells what 2015’s and 2016’s they have left. Incentives will rise and become more targeted (IE trade-in allowance + cash rebate).

We’ll have April numbers by the end of this week!

1 Like

Hi @michael, by any chamce do you have any numbers?

Hi @dytkd,

Where are you located? Chevrolet, Toyota, and Ford incentives are regional. And did you mean Fusion rather than Focus?

I am in Florida, and yes, I meant fusion rather than focus. Thanks for pointing that out

24/10K leases, FL zip code

2016 Malibu Limited 1LT
62% residual, .00040 MF
All: $4,085 lease cash
Targeted: $1,500 Lease Conquest Cash OR $500 GM Lease Loyalty + $500 Farm Bureau

2016 Malibu 1LT
66% residual, .00050 MF
All: $1,510 lease cash
Targeted: $1,000 Lease Conquest Cash or $500 GM Lease Loyalty + $500 Farm Bureau

2016 Camry SE (24/12K)
72% residual, .00021 MF
Targeted: $1,000 Military or $750 Grad

2016 Passat S
57% residual, .00001 MF
All: $1,250 cash

2016 Fusion SE
51% residual, 0.25% APR (.00010 MF)
All: $2,250 lease cash
Targeted: $500 Grad/Military/First Responders OR $250 Lease Loyalty/Conquest

1 Like

Does the 24/10k lease cash on the Malibu apply for zip 93036? Does the LS trim have the same amount of lease cash?

Currently, lease cash for 1LT is the same in California as it is in Florida.

Lease cash is lower on LS models…

2016 Malibu Limited: $3,085 instead of $4,085
2016 Malibu: $510 instead of $1,510

Thank you for the reply. Can the acquisition fee still be waived if the MF is increased to .00095? Also how does a single pay lease affect the MF rate or other aspects of the lease?

Yes, acquisition fee is waived if MF is raised by .00055. In the case of Malibu Limited, then yes, it would become .00095 MF.

A single-pay lease lowers the MF by .00073. In this case, it will go from .00095 to .00022.

Just played with the lease calculator. If you can get $2,000 off MSRP (before incentives) on a $24,710 Malibu Limited 1LT, and qualify for every incentive above, it’ll be a $2,500 single-pay 24/10K lease.

TrueCar is showing as low as $3,400 off MSRP before incentives, though I’m a bit skeptical since inventories are running low.

A dealership here in Florida said VW does not offer 24 month leases. Is that true?

That was the end of it. He was not being honest with me because the manager told me they did offer 24 month leases, and the residual is kind of low with not great incentives. It looks like no Passat for me

Hi @michael,

Do you know if the “cash allowance” special offer can be combined with all other incentives?

Thanks!

Hi Michael, can you provide that current data for AZ please. 85224
Thanks!

This one, but I don’t this AZ has farm bureau :frowning:
2016 Malibu Limited 1LT
62% residual, .00040 MF
All: $4,085 lease cash
Targeted: $1,500 Lease Conquest Cash OR $500 GM Lease Loyalty + $500 Farm Bureau

@jmac, the program for 2016 Malibu Limited 1LT is the same for AZ as it is in FL.

Thanks Michael, much appreciated. I visited several dealerships and my numbers were laughed out the door or just flat out told that they weren’t going to lose that much money on this car. I was stuck between leases and had been renting a car so I just needed to get it done, albeit much higher than I wanted @ $190/month.

What is the strategy when you run into a dealer that just refuses to do the deal?

You don’t walk into dealerships… You just did what they believe 90% of customers do. They said no to a better deal, put one on the table that you felt was acceptable and drove off.

Your number #1 concern was not to continue to pay for a rental car, not leasing a new one. They knew that and succeeded.

This is why it’s hard to get them to buckle. You could have easily handled driving the rental around one more day.

But this is why you shop at the end of the month, so you put pressure on dealers to sell to get bonuses.