MA registry service?

I ordered a BMW for PCD delivery from an out of state dealer and am taking delivery in 2.5 weeks in Spartanburg SC then driving it back home to MA.
I need to register the car myself in MA before taking delivery because the state doesn’t allow temp tags. The dealer I’m working with isn’t sure the certificate of origin will arrive on time, but let’s assume I can get both the CO, PoA, and bill of sale on time.

Long story short, does anyone know of a reputable registry service that can take care of all this mess for me in MA?

Thanks!

Speak with your insurance company.

The dealer will also need to fill this form out correctly along with sending a bunch of docs to a specific dept of the registry.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/registration-and-title-application-0/download

Its going to be a pain if the dealer doesnt have a reg service they work with to help you

3 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Its going to be a pain if the dealer doesnt have a reg service they work with to help you

They don’t, but I could try and connect them with one. I found Iyman’s online (http://www.iymansregistryservice.com/), any experience with them?

Not a clue my friend

All Ma dealers have in house registry

2 Likes

got it.
yeah, if only they’d compete on the deal life would be sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

They must have a group who helps w out of state registrations?

They have all customers do their own? Whoa

I know … they don’t seem too helpful with out of state registration. But remember that MA is special with the temp tags thing. Their default answer is - will give you our state’s temp tags, then you do the MA registration.

Oh no I understand

But most dealers offer temps then hire a service to register the car

The only difference here is MA doesn’t recognize temps

Right. But I’d think my case is not more complex, I’m transferring plates. They just need to register before i go and take possession. BYOP (bring your own plates).

Can you drive until MA border and get the car towed to your house from there? :slight_smile:

Doesn’t really solve anything unless I’m missing something?

All he’d achieve would be keeping it parked in a different place.

Well it wouldn’t resolve it fully but at least he can take delivery at SC on time and drive it until the border.

I don’t know that I can even insure the car with an out of state tag as an MA resident.

In FL they only ask for a VIN to insure a car. Check with your DMV and good luck.

I think I have a workaround. If I sell my current car to Carvana a day before I fly out, my old registration and insurance should carry over for 7 days per MA law. This should cover my travel time back home.

MA 7-day law

Very cool!

I’m actually not sure this will work because of insurance :frowning:
I’m guessing BMWFS will require proof of insurance a few days earlier (when I sign the lease?) and at that time I still have my old car so can’t show proof of insurance. Never signed a BMWFS lease before so not sure how that works. Do you know?

I am assuming they will require proof of insurance so I would call your insurance company before heading down and make sure they’ve added the VIN to your policy.

They will also be able to guide you on this front here.

1 Like

I’ll check it out. What gives me hope here is that I should technically be able to add a new car to my policy before registering it. In fact, insurance policy is a prerequisite to registering any car.

Yes of course