Lucid Motors SUV Arriving in 2023

I thought the same thing. Looking like an ugly Ford flex lol

1 Like

You know this won’t be cheap, either. I think I would rather have an iX.

I think EV world will split into 2 from design perspective. Vehicles that look like “normal” cars just electric, and weird things that scream EV. And after a few iterations one or the other side will win.

The Rivian front looks like turrets from Portal 2 to me at least

What do you mean, will split? It already is that way. The XC40 Recharge and F-150 Lightning, for instance, look like ‘normal’ ICE variants, while there are plenty of ‘weird’ intentional EV choices on the market as well.

I think it’s far more likely we will see a closer merging of the two, once this phase of novelty wears off.

1 Like

I meant even further. XC40 in your example doesn’t look like normal anything. It doesn’t look like ICE it doesn’t look like EV, it looks like a turd. F-150 will look like F-150 out of necessity as not to alienate the customer base. These new manufacturers don’t know where to fit themselves as they took too long to come to market, so they are going to try weird shit to make sure they stand out.

No way. XC40 does not look like a turd. Any Volvo lovers here?

Looks like we are going to start seeing the Air on the roads pretty soon.

https://insideevs.com/news/543022/lucid-air-dream-edition-coming/

I just checked out their new studio in Boston today. The Air looks nice in person. Although test drives were not yet being offered to the general public, the sales advisor did say reservation holders would have first dibs.

I took a few photos.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve seen quite a few around San Diego so far. Definitely great looking and eye catching cars. Hopefully the pure models start rolling out, and that residuals stay high and in-demand like Tesla products, keeping TCO low

1 Like

IMO, it is a beautiful luxury EV sedan. The materials looked luxurious, but I only sat in the car for about 5 minutes. I was visiting the studio with my wife and 2 boys. The kids were also checking out the car on display. There was a lady in the studio who mentioned she had just ordered one in Zenith Red. I just need to find $80k for a Pure Air, the cheapest trim. :grin::grin:

The sales advisors were very knowledgeable. I just want to test drive one. My advisor did say she was going to follow up in a week. We shall see.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

Lucid made an announcement today about the upcoming Gravity. It is slated to be released in 2024. No additional info about pricing or specs was provided.

Official YT video of reveal: https://youtu.be/LLs2vvefrbY.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41960553/2024-lucid-gravity-ev-details-specs/

Who’s planning to reserve one? Reservations will begin in the Spring of 2023.

“Gravity will be offered in two- and three-row configurations, accommodating five, six, or seven adults. Concept drawings shown to us featured a six-passenger configuration with loungelike middle seats that lay nearly flat. A version of the Air’s signature Glass Canopy roof will also be available on the Gravity, and that should make an interesting combination with the reclining middle seats. Lucid has also confirmed that the interior of the Gravity will feature next-generation iterations of is Glass Cockpit high-res displays and Lucid UX software interface.”

For the low low price of a townhouse

3 Likes

I am going to wait for the poor man’s Lucid to be released some day. :grin:

1 Like

I just can’t fathom why Lucid decided to start their line up with a 6-digit sedan. This market is incredibly tight. Even BMW can’t infiltrate into it. As a startup, they set the difficulty to god mode. Lucid seems to have great EV drivetrain tech and I dig their design language. If they started with a compact/mid-size luxury SUV (I mean, like everyone else), they would have sent it out of the park.

“Configured with our customers’ favorite options”

well, now, if that were true, you wouldn’t have these sitting around unclaimed and thousands of other people on a wait list for different models/trims. Dumb marketers.

1 Like

I don’t work for Lucid but I have been following the brand for a while, so this is just my personal opinion. They made a business decision. They needed the revenue from the 6 digit Air variant to fund R&D and continued growth of the company.

FWIW, they do have the cheaper Air Pure which costs less than $90k. I believe it should be available to the public sometime in 2023/2024.

They do have an SUV in the works; the Lucid Gravity which is slated to be released in 2024, but available for pre-order next year. Read more about it here Lucid Motors SUV Arriving in 2023 - #30 by Bluemkn57cars.

My wish could be coming true in a few years.