2019 RX450H - need help with lease calucaltor

So I just got a quote from a dealer for a 2019 RX450H base with premium package.
Term - 36/7.5
MSRP - 52099
Sale Price - 46750 (before rebate)
Rebate - 2000 after taxes
RV - 61%
MF - .00021
MSD - 4050 (9)
Acq fee - 795
Doc fee - 399
Reg fee - 195
Monthly payment with tax 393.44

Somethings that don’t add up with the calculator is that on the sheet I received it said my monthly payments with tax is 393.44 but If I pay acq, doc, reg fee upfront its 384 a month with tax rolled in on the calculator. If I do 0 drive off its 438 a month. Also dealer tried charging me 299 for a vin etching fee, but he said he would waive it when I brought it up so that’s why I put -299 in the pic uploaded.

Edit: Just got off the phone with the salesman and he said if I roll the all the fees into the lease, it would be 38 a month extra. So total it would be 431.44 a month with just 431.44 + 4050 MSDs at signing. Can’t get the calculator to reflect that though.

Currently seeking a 2019 RX450h base model and this months incentives are just $1000 lease cash. I’m assuming the deals would be better in march with the fiscal year ending? First time leasing so I’m not sure how good those deals typically are.

Get an internet quote from a few local dealers and post it here. From there, we can see what your options are.

1 Like

I got a quote for one from the first dealer I reached out to but I am double checking on edmunds for the RV/MF. This is a 2019 RX450h base with premium/navigation package and 20" wheels.

2019 Lexus RX 450h per the attached specification:
36 months/7,500 miles per year/$2,488 Due at Signing (includes 1st payment; does not include any cash cap reduction; if you want to roll it just divide by 36 and add to you payment)
$599 per month (includes CT Sales tax)

MSRP: $55,669

Dealer Discount: $3,515

Sales Price: $51,154 (includes $1,000 Lease Cash)

RV: 61%

MF: 0.00095

Acq Fee: $795

Doc Fee: $698

Available Incentives: $1,000 Lease Cash as calculated above

Discount is pretty weak for the model year. How is there $2.5k in drive off with no CCR? What does that $2.5K consist of?

How is CT lease tax calculated?

I know his discount was weak. You can roll taxes into your lease in CT. I didn’t ask for a further break down yet because I want to hit him with a counter off, starting somewhere with about 12-13% off MSRP before incentives and then ask for a break down of their sheet so I can see exactly what I’m paying for at signing.

Sounds like you went to McDermott Lexus? If not don’t go there worse place.

Yes it is, any recommendation?

Edit: Also what is so bad about them? Just got me curious lol. They told me they are a competitive dealer and will like if I can bring back any offer to them to see if they can beat it.

Lexus of Greenwich but know your numbers before you walk in negotiate everything before without stepping in dealership.

McDermott will mark up everything ask them for a detail breakdown of the lease and the numbers won’t add up they’ll hide a lot. One of my friend went to their Chevy a little while ago and the sales person got him a quote on a volt selling at msrp sticker and when asked any discount he was told what discount when you go to buy a gallon of milk at gas station do you ask for discount. My buddy simply said no but the gas station next door has it cheaper so I go there while he walked out. They advertise big discounts but for some reasons the payments don’t reflect it…

What’s the term on the used loan? 60 or 72 months?

So by making payments for a total of 8 or 9 years, it appears the monthly payments are smaller?

1 Like

I haven’t see any RX of $56k for $450 per month in a long time. More like low to mid $500’s. Not saying not to buy the lease after, just may cost more due to 36 lease payments, plus (36 to 60 months) of financing.

8 years. 3 for a lease and 5 to buy it out, all while paying little to no interest and 0 down. Looked appealing to me cause if I plan on buying it, I’d keep it for 10 years. What’s the advantage of financing it for 5 years? Especially if you put 0 down. Wouldn’t your payments be more than 800 a month?

when my dad bought one about a year ago they took off 7k…

very noisy car though

Hmm how do you plan to get a used auto loan for no interest?

And no down? Considering your buddy’s example was 6k down.

Regardless of MF, you have to include the acq fee as part of your financial cost of leasing

Bottom line you have to look at the totality of payments rather than comparing monthly payments over different terms.

1 Like

If you need 8 years to payoff a car, you probably shouldn’t be getting it.

Don’t need 8 years to pay the car off but if I plan on keeping it for 10+ years and don’t have to put a down payment and pay less than financing significantly, why not? Plus after the lease is over you finance it with a relatively low apr.

APR is almost always lower when the vehicle is new vs used. And you would avoid paying the acq fee if you just bought it instead of leased. Additionally, purchase rebates are often times larger than lease rebates. If you plan on keeping it a long time, just buy it from the beginning.

@mung35 thoughts on this?

cannot post a new topic, but below is my lease details on RX450h, I closed it today (3/3/2019), hope it helps.

1 Like

Wow thats awesome. Mind sharing the sheet you got so I can compare? Where did you get this deal? Is it for 36/10?