Looking to lease a sports car. Advise?

Hello!! I am new to leasing and looking for some advise. I am looking looking to get into 1 of 3 cars.

Corvette Grand Sport MSRP - 79,390
BMW M4 MSRP - 76,390
Camaro LZ1 MSRP - 64.,290

I am looking not trying to go above 800/month. I will have a 3k tax credit from my trade in and i could put down as much as 2k. I am not planning on leasing till December. Are any of these feasible, considering the discounts that are being offered (or so I’m hearing)?

Unless programs change dramatically, you can cross off the Corvette and M4 off your list. I don’t know enough about the Camaro to comment on it.

1 Like

800 is prob not happening on a ZL1

1 Like

I heard of a couple of people getting an m3 or m4 for right around 840. and that was with nothing down at all.

1 Like

When did they get those deals? Why don’t you ask them for details to replicate?

1 Like

Was that before or after BMW programs changed?

Im not close to them at all. just over heard it at the track from one guy, and the other was a salesmen. I just know they both sign for their lease in Dec.

1 Like

I would assume before…both were last December.

You can take over my 2016 M3 lease :blush:

1 Like

Your best bet might be to find a Lease Take over of a 2016/17 M3/4 when MSD’s existed and BMW actually wanted to lease cars.

No chance on the Camaro, they lease horribly.

1 Like

Can still get a 1% deal on M3s

1 Like

I got that on an M3 not too long ago, but it was when the fleet program actually meant something.
PS one bob smith in calabasas has 17 M4s in stock (no m3s) , maybe they are trying to move one idk.

1 Like

Still new to this and dont know that the 1% deal is.

1 Like

1% rule is getting payments that are equal to 1% of the MSRP with 0 down payment. That’s what they kind of use as a measuring stick around here for whats a good deal. Some people say 1% of MSRP as your total cost so including DMV / Aquisition fees etc. (sign and drive, everything rolled in) some say 1% of MSRP with just 0 down and not counting fees.

Anyways the only sport car I’ve seen recently get leased well on here that is high HP was the Hellcat. There’s a big thread on it but I think the super deals are done. Chevy sports cars seem to lease poorly and BMW in general has been not so great this year or whenever they started cutting back on incentives.

2 Likes

thanks for the info!!

1 Like

is there some magical place where you can find all the lease deals and incentives? or do you just have to jump from auto maker website to automaker website?

1 Like

People tend to go to Edmunds forums for MF and Residuals. You’ll have to work out MSRP and discounts on your own or check out other posts in the forurm.

Note: If you’re down for a Lexus F, they have an annual sales event in December.

1 Like

thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Can’t comment on the Camaro but a friend just leased a 80-81k msrp m4 last month for around 960 from jersey. Terms were 36 months with 12k miles a year. They barely gave him a discount since it was a rare yellow colored m4. He only paid dmv fees, first month n taxes. At 960 he got a terrible deal but you live n learn. So 800 with tax for a m4 with 5k down should definetely be possible, maybe even cheaper. Sadly, that Vette wouldn’t fit your range. Hope that helps

1 Like

Can you get a dealer to discount a special order m4?

1 Like