Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

what color do you recommend for a white bimmer?

I was going to go 35% but your 30% tempted me (might get pulled over for that though CA)

@dukez the S5 Rayno looks tempting, however I don’t know if it blocks out enough heat. Is that quote for everything excluding windshield?

Yeah I am waiting for confirmation but believe it’s the side and rear windows.

Assuming IR reduction and TSER are representative of heat reduction — S5, S7 and S9 reduce approx 55%, 73% and 92% respectively, and have nearly identical TSER. I don’t know how noticeably different those percentages would feel.

I have no solid stats or proof to back this but I don’t think 30% on family suv will be a big issue. I mean if you get pulled over for some other violation and cop can tack on a extra citation for tinting but I certainly never had an issue on any of my cars. To your point, on lower end film, anything lighter than 35% won’t do much heat rejection I don’t think.

dukez, ask if film kings has heat demo.
Place I go to has really cool simulation kit where you can physically feel the difference between each of the films he carries. Kinna like optometrist where he switches the films on a heat lamp. Pretty big difference in the heat for sure.

Will do. I think at most, I’ll drop $250 for the S7. Beyond that feels excessive on a leased vehicle. I’m pretty sure my 530e came with some factory tint already, but I’m not sure what it is. But there’s a noticeable film of some kind on it.

In that case, would it be pointless getting the front windows done at 70% (the legal limit)?

I haven’t tried 70% demo so not sure how much/little it’ll reject. I didn’t know Rayno goes that high.
Agree that 5series should have some tinting on there so 70% will only improve. I guess it depends how much the heat bothers you vs willing to keep it at legal limits

For me, I have 2 little toddlers in infant car seats and they sweat bullets during summer so it was a must for me.

Oh you’re right. I don’t even see 70% listed on their website (highest appears to be 50%). So I guess by default, the shop is going to tint my fronts illegally anyway. Hmm… wonder if it’s worth the risk. It’s totally possible my fronts are already 70% out of the factory. No clue.

I got my X5 front windows tinted with S7 ceramic recently. 50%

A little over 100 with free fix it ticket removal and re-install.

Amaro’s window tint in lake forest. In and out in less than an hour.

1 Like

He installed S7 for a little over $100, and does free removal and reinstall?! Am I reading that right?

Have couple friends done at this shop, they’re very happy with the quality.

Yup for the front windows only. Just PM’ed you.

That’s close to me. But he doesn’t work Saturday and I work M-F bleh.

Did you get his premium version? How much was it?

His work on white cars is awesome compared to some other businesses

I personally didn’t get it for myself due to factory tints in the back, but couple friends got it from him. I believe it was around $200 and cash only. I thought he was open on the weekends too but appointments were for min couple weeks later.

Just wondering which tint did you end up doing?

I haven’t yet. Traveling every week this month so my availability is shot. But will likely find a weekend to get it done. Have it narrowed to 3 places.

which 3 if you don’t mind sharing

I mentioned them in my earlier posts above

Just sharing i ended up getting Rayno S9 for $300 on my bmw 330e.

where?

I might get this @st_t1m3

Please do share. That’s a great price for s9.