Looking for Hybrid Car, SUV, MiniVan Lease Deals in Southern California

There are still plenty of “normal” hybrids available.

Right now, the cheap BEV is the ioniq. Easily doable in the <$200 price range.

1 Like

The lease price of $109 per month for 36 months with $2,500 due at lease signing seems a steal. I am going to take a test drive asap. Thanks.

Don’t forget, in CA, you get money back from the state and possibly your local utility company on a BEV.

Also don’t forget that those manufacturer advertised specials often don’t include tax/title/license/other fees.

Also, also don’t forget to read the dozen or so threads on here about ioniqs and what kind of prices people are actually getting. All the amazing deals have been on the base models, but they seem to be few and far between now.

1 Like

Sure… I will keep that in mind and do more research. Thank you!

There’s a whole thread on Ioniq already. Read through the forum to see what else you may find

If Ioniq ev is an option for you then take a look at an eGolf purchase deal. In my book that is the best ev deal at the moment. With the current discount of $10k off msrp, $4500 cvrp, $1000 utility, $7500 fed (make sure you have the liability) the car will cost you around $12k out the door.
And if you truly are low income do yourself a favor and go for a base and the money you save use it to build yourself up.

3 Likes

In terms of leases, like people have mentioned, your best bet is the Ioniq. It seems like you really want a PHEV, and no vehicles meet your monthly payment expectations, except the Hyundai.

You might be able to hack a Pacifica phev but I doubt you can get that van with no down for 15k under 500. Most likely closer to 600 a month.

Actually scratch that, a base Camry hybrid is also very good. You can check with @Cody_Carter to see how good those are leasing.

Also as @Mark.ca suggested, financing a e-golf might be a good idea, they have terrible residuals and resales but the out the door pricing is insane with all the California, federal, and utility rebates. It’s likely worth it even with the steep depreciation.

But depending on your daily commute, it might not have enough range.

That’s what i wonder too…how he drives these 80 miles. This is SoCal so not that big of a deal since heat is not often needed. I usually get between 140-150 miles on my eGolf.
At 80 miles per day leasing is not really an option anyway.

Yeah the area I live near has some really steep freeways and I noticed the wife’s clarity loses juice really fast, thank goodness it lasts the round trip for her.

15k could be doable unless it’s 5 times a week, that would likely be closer to 20k a year.

Ford still sells the Fusion Hybrid, a couple recent 15k deals for around 200/mo (search). The new Escape is both a GE Hybrid and PHEV

Toyota still sells GE hybrids and PHEVs.

In general while the GE hybrids don’t have federal/state tax credits, they have better lease residuals and if they aren’t selling as well incentives, so they lease better.

OP you need to decide WHAT you want to lease for the next 2-3 years before you shop the deal much further.

Thank you all of you for your input. It is a bit confusing when it comes to rebates for me. Just curious when do and when do we not get the rebates?

Spent quite a time calling and inquiring Hyundai dealers in SoCal and some outside of SoCal… unfortunately all the base models of Ioniq has been sold out. The only ones that are available are the Limited which runs for $3000 down, 10000 miles, with $220/month with a good credit score.

More or less the same story with every dealership I called. If anyone is aware of a still existing let me know, please.

Also could not find the right links on the forum for Ioniq, as well as VW e-Golf.

For the Ioniq there are at least 3 open and active threads…if you can’t find them you are not looking.
Try this guy for the eGolf…he is in Oceanside.

1 Like

The search function works very well here.

2 Likes

Thank, y’all.
I did see this post on the Ioniq - 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV - Effective $59 a month

80 miles/day PLUS weekend duties? You’ll be back here in 2 years asking how to best deal with the large end-of-lease charges you will be facing.

2 Likes

I have a Honda Accord 2004, so other than work may not stretch that far. Also, if the lease says 15K or less miles per year, I know that I have to stick to it.

People can use waze carpool app to save mileage. even make few bucks to reduce lease payment.

link to download waze

1 Like

Great point