Looking for feedback on this QX50 deal

Hey everyone!

Thanks in advance, I’m trying to see if this is a good choice.

I’m closing out a lease on a 2019 Q50 and reached out to a dealer to see if they would buy it out.

The residual is $23,293 and I’m a few thousand miles under.

The KBB Instant was $28.7k and when I brought it in, they appraised it at $26k and after showing interest in a QX50, they were willing to hike that up to $27.5k.

With the trade-in, they offered me a QX50 at $598/month with $1500 down ($27.6k residual).

Is that a good deal? Or should i just take the $4.2k difference elsewhere?

Thanks again, I appreciate any and all advice!

So you’re at $600/mo with $5500 down. How does that compare with the calculator? You should figure out what buy rate is on the money factor and what the residual is for your trim and terms.

That will give you an idea of the deal you’re getting. Also check marketplace and search bar for comparisons.

Additionally, find out what your trade is actually worth. Equity in hand is the same as cash in pocket.

What is the year & model & MSRP of the QX50 they are offering you for $588/mo w/ $6k down?

Not a good deal at all. I think you could do better with some of the local broker deals, especially since you’re turning in a Q50. I’m seeing a 2022 QX50 Essential for $546/mo w/ $4k down + MSDs which is a $3600 savings over the life of a new 39mo lease.

@ugfish the calculator was helpful, thanks!
The money factor on this deal is 0.00318, making the residual $27,906. Something isn’t adding up and the deal is not looking so great.

Thanks @alphawave7! Is there a better way to find that out other than KBB or CarMax? I got an online CarMax estimate of $30,800, but I assume I would need to take it to a physical location to get a final number. Going this route, I would also need to buy it out first.

@CaptQ The car that they are offering is a 22’ QX50 Luxe at an MSRP of $46,510. Yea, I’m starting to understand that this isn’t great haha. Thanks, I think I will definitely reach out to Aronchi.

1 Like

Good job coming here before signing anything.

1 Like

We have good qx50 inventory and should be able to save you a bunch of money on it.

Www.aronchi.com or text 732-779-2587

1 Like

Takes calling and footwork, but you’ll have a much better idea using multiple data points. List of places to sell or value your car online

That said, for ease, I’d call Mike too!

Your welcome Mike :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

oh i havent closed anything yet, herb. cars are tough to come by…

Second reaching out to LH brokers - just did QX50 “best deal for these days” deal with @aronchi and it was quick, painless, saved me a bunch of money.

1 Like

Definitely not a good deal, nor is a QX50 really worthy of your time & effort. It doesn’t offer good value as either a good lease or a good purchase.

Maximize your equity, and then start your next vehicle search from scratch

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.