Looking for compact/mid SUV and don't know where to start

After the shit show that is looking at different options and pricing, I’m probably just going to order a Ford Explorer and hopefully it won’t take a year to get here.

I didn’t even go to a Toyota or Honda dealer because I knew their prices were going to be high. $650 quote just reinforced that belief.

…back in “my” day Honda’s and Toyota’s were the cheap, yet reliable cars. They’re still reliable but they ain’t cheap no more haha.

The highlander xle on a 48 month lease is actually a great deal for the current climate. About 525+ tax tags fees. Residual is like $21k also. Based on that residual, if pricing even remotely stays similar to now you’ll have like 15k equity at lease end. Worst case scenario I would think 5k equity in 4 years. You can get an le for about 30/mo less also.

How is the Explorer saving you money?

So I’m going through the same exercise as @Sanbee and it is rough but as other posters have said, even a Highlander with markups still leases in the $500s whereas the Explorer is a bit higher.

My problem is we keep fluctuating between a large truck, an SUV or an EV. :frowning:

Doesn’t really apply to other people since we have family deal and Ford is giving $1000 rebate in my area for placing orders and waiting for the cars. I’ll be paying slightly less a month than I would for a Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa Fe or Tucson. I unrealistically was hoping I’d get a 34k car for no more than $385 a month. Since 34k cars are going for high 400/500 in my area, might as well get the bigger car for less money.

There’s really not a lot of options for leasing right now, unless you take your chances and hope some deal comes along in March or April.

We wanted a car for February, as we really didn’t want to extend our lease and risk something happening outside of warranty, but we really don’t have a choice. Obviously other choice would be to buy out the lease but we don’t like the car we have now.

I really hope car prices will go back down in 2 years, otherwise it might not be such a smart financial decision to lease when leasing prices are only $100 less a month than financing and buying.
The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Reaction GIF by HBO Max

Maybe February deals will feature one of those. Since the Nissan Frontiers are all gone. Lol.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.