Looking for compact/mid SUV and don't know where to start

I’ve been searching for days what a good/average monthly lease payment is considered good for 2022 and I really couldn’t find anything except like luxurious vehicles and trucks.

My lease is up in February and although I know I’m going to be paying more than I currently do, I’m not sure what decision to make based on prices and all the inventory issues.

I’m looking for a 5 seater (7 seats with fold down) but the issue we’re running into is wanting the sunroof and leather seats which is making all the car payments go up since we have to add packages or get the higher trimmed model.

THANK YOU!!!

1 month left?

Well you do the simple thing first. You ask for a lease extension until you find the right car to replace your current one. (1-3 months?)
Otherwise you will find yourself paying more for the wrong car than a couple months extension will cost you.

Then you scour this site for all the suggestions of 3rd row SUV’s, there are probably at least 10 if not 50 topics. Your requirement of a Sunroof and leather does make it a little harder to find a ‘deal’

And $500 off a loaner with an accident?
Run away from that.

1 Like

Be specific about what you want. A 5-seat SUV is a 5-seat SUV, while a 7-seat SUV is a 7-seat SUV.

Folding the seats doesn’t change the fact that a 5-seat SUV is not a 7-seat SUV.

And since there are so many different sizes available, even among 5-seat SUVs, be specific about the model.

In Honda’s lineup, would you go for CRV, Passport, or Pilot? Toyota Corolla Cross or RAV4? Kia Seltos or Sorento? Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe?

2 Likes

Honestly $500 doesn’t really get you squat right now in the 3rd row with room.
You might want to review those ‘$500’ quotes as they might increase the down or not include TTL , etc

But Here’s some links you can read what other people are buying, do not use any pricing as everything has changed (pretty much pricing is only good for like 2 weeks nowadays)
Then when you find the car you WANT, not the car you will settle for, go to Marketplace and see what the brokers are selling them for.

Some of these links are old but they have a lot of discussion you should read first.

Now that we are talking about specific models, there probably isn’t any good reason to lease any of these.

You’d come out way ahead by financing for 5-6 years versus doing two consecutive leases.

Hyundai and Kia have a full 5yr/60k warranty plus 10yr/100k powertrain.

It’s also easy to extend the warranty on Toyota, Honda and Subaru.

OP - why are you deleting your 3 posts?

The thread starts to lose sense when others are replying to posts that don’t exist or are deleted

11 Likes

The new Mitsubishi Outlander is a 3-row SUV and the mid trim has all the bells and whistles of more expensive brands like a 360 camera, sunroof etc.

They also seem to be more out there than others so less of a chance of markups. When we were looking back in September, there were some good lease deals that were mid $300s if I remember correctly.

And like Hyundai/Kia, it has a 5-year warranty and is better tha its Nissan Rogue cousin.

If the PHEV version of the refresh was out already we would have probably got it.

That’s one of my top choices but where I’m at they’re hard to get since we only have like 4-5 dealers in my state.

I’m wondering if I should have bought my lease out early because it seems like deals are worse for January. Hopefully I can cross my fingers and hope February is any better.

A warranty is only good when there’s a dealer nearby to provide the coverage promised to you. Otherwise it’s just toilet paper.

Mitsubishi’s US dealer network has shrunk by over 50% already, and nobody would be surprised if it shrunk further.

Then I would look at the Kia Sorento or it’s cousin, the Hyundai Santa Fe.

Their dealer networks seems to be doing the opposite of Mitsu and getting bigger.

But they cost more than the Outllander for same features I think.

Love both the Sorrento and the Santa Fe actually.

Does anyone know if any manufacturers are offering rebates or incentives for ordering instead of buying off the lot?

Well you’re saving thousands of dollars by not paying an ADM/markup, so effectively the manufacturer is giving you a large rebate.

Maybe loyalty or conquest, or costco but hard to find dealers that are open to that? Did you look at Toyota Highlanders at all? @Jrouleau426 has some decent pricing on them, AWD, Leather, and Sunroof. I would be getting a Toyota over a Mitsubishi reliability wise

1 Like

I just bought a sorento and love it, although there are reliability concerns (not mine, Kia forums) over it’s dual clutch transmission.

I’m in Los Angeles and every dealer wanted $3000 over msrp. I finally found one dealer selling at msrp with no add ons, so I financed.

I went with the Kia over the Santa Fe because I need the option for the third row. I do also like the sorento styling better.

If I didn’t need the third row I would have gone for the Santa Fe, because it’s slightly cheaper/better value and Hyundai was offering zero percent financing whereas Kia is 1.9.

Looking around 600/mo for the xle highlander tax tags inc. 48/10 lease is best currently. 625 for 39/10. 650 for 36/10.

Brutal… I don’t like 2022 or the fact my roommate keeps the room at 82*

Fahrenheit, I hope.

1 Like

god that’s just depressing

Happy New Year Love GIF by Red & Howling

I also am NOT a fan of 2022. 82?!? Sheesh! We keep our house at 68 like the animals that we are haha.