Looking for a XC90 T8

Hi there,

I am looking for a new car. We need a HOV sticker which means EV or PHEV. We would also like something bigger than our current Prius.
Ideally, we would like a 6 or 7 seater and able to pull 5000 lbs.
The only car I could find under $100k is the Volvo XC90 T8. I went to test drive it and really like it. I started researching options and pricing and realized I don’t care about any of the packages or options and would be perfectly happy with the base Momentum. Looking at Cosco pricing, the car should be available around $63k plus tax.
When I started looking at dealerships, pretty much everyone is carrying $80k+ cars which are way over my budget so there is no point for me to negotiate.

Here is what I am willing to pay:

• purchase for up to $70k OTD
    or
  • lease around $600 per month with $0 down

Is this unreasonable and do I need to look for a different car? I could buy a small cheap computer car and a large SUV but I would rather only buy one if possible.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks hackers!

$600/mo is completely unrealistic. What sort of discount were you seeing from Costco?

Costco is showing $63,975 down from $67,995 MSRP. I was originally hoping to negotiate this number down but I think it will be difficult to even find a car at that price.

It just shows that as the invoice price, not the selling price.

Ah, right. Seems much less likely for this to work out for me then.
Thanks for pointing that out.

You’re $600/month lease target is completely unobtainable on the t8.

However, you might be able to get close to your purchase target if you find something with minimal options.

Ah, right. Seems much less likely for this to work out for me then.
Thanks for pointing that out.

What do you think is a decent target for lease?
Current advertisement is $755 plus almost $5k down.

I could go up to $700 with $0 down (not sure how realistic this is), but my first problem is always to find a base Momentum model.

I think the residuals on the t8 are awful and prohibit a good deal.