Looking for 3rd row under 320/month

Looking for a 3 row crossover at under 320/month with first month plus DMV at signing. Can be either a 24 or 36 month lease (no 39 for warranty purposes). Would prefer 15k a month if the car is still under warranty (would be fine on a 24 month lease if the warranty is 3 year/36,000 miles or on a 36 month if the warranty was 3 year/45,000 mile+). If not then 12k a month.

Would need:
AWD
Power driver’s seat
Rear view camera
Non-steel wheels

Was aggressively seeking out a Chevy Traverse LT1 AWD but couldn’t get the number to what I wanted. Was able to get the number down to 369 on a 15k which would have been probably somewhere around 250 on a 12k. Will be trying again this month (maybe new incentives or more wiggle room on MSRP). Could only get 4% off MSRP (check out my other post).

Thanks for any advice.

Hey Kamer,

Have you looked at the Mazda CX-9s? I was in a similar hunt, and just decided to get a CX-9. Mine came up to 440 a month, but if you go with the Sport version it includes everything you want, and with good negotiation, you might get there. I just plugged in some numbers and for a AWD Sport trim, assuming you can negotiate a 10% off MSRP (it will be hard but doable), the before tax number came up to 329.

At least look at the Mazda online… is a very nice car for the money…

Or a Toyota Highlander LE.

For the Highlander LE AWD
Lease Calculator

with MSD programs built-in
Select Make:
MSRP:
Sales Price:
10% off MSRP
Taxed
Incentives :
100 (GEICO)
Untaxed Incentives :
Down Payment:
Post-Sale
Rebate :
Acquisition Fee:
I want to pay my acquisition fee upfront.
Miles/yr: 12,000
Residual:
68%
Months:
Money Factor:
APR: 3.58%
Document Fee:
License/Registrat. Fee:
Sales Tax:
8.625%

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $340
Drive Off: $430
First month’s payment incl. tax: $340
Down payment: $0
Total MSD payment: $0
Registration and doc fee: $75
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $15
Leasehackr Score: 9.3 years
Disposition Fee: $350

Puts me at 430 driveoff and 340 a month. Close but that is at 10% off and that might require some real legwork. Too bad I don’t see any Toyota incentives.

I actually drove the CX9 and it was nice. This is what I got.

Select Make:
MSRP:
Sales Price:
10% off MSRP
Taxed
Incentives :
150 (GEICO)
Untaxed Incentives :
Down Payment:
Post-Sale
Rebate :
Acquisition Fee:
I want to pay my acquisition fee upfront.
Miles/yr:
Residual:
%
Residual (%) at 12,000 miles/yr
Months:
Money Factor:
APR: 2.86%
Document Fee:
License/Registrat. Fee:
Sales Tax:
%
Tax is levied on the monthly lease payment (most states).
Tax is levied on the sales price upfront (e.g. VA, TX, GA).
Tax is levied on the total lease payment upfront (e.g. NY, MN, OH).
Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $359
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $390
Drive Off: $485
First month’s payment incl. tax: $390
Down payment: $0
Registration and doc fee: $75
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $19
Leasehackr Score: 8.2 years
Disposition Fee: $300
Total Lease Cost: $14,449

Problem is your 15k miles a year hurts the residual. Good options here but will require leg work for sure.

Nissan Rogue 3 row version perhaps?

1 Like

I bumped the last 2 down to 12k and I’m still at around 50 bucks over what I want to spend.

Well the highlander is only 20 bucks more based on the above. Search forum to higlander deals. I think people were gettinf lower for the LE. Also, you can push dealer to split it and go at 330 a month.

I didn’t even know this existed. I can easily get to under 300 this this option so I will go check it out. Might not work for me but definitely worth the look.

Problem is these dealers (at least with the Traverse I was looking at) aren’t really negotiating at all. They say they cannot go lower (even though tons of people on forums are getting lower) and I end up just walking out.

Dealer is there to make most money not just give them away. You have to do leg work if you want a good deal and even expand your search radius. Look at some threads on how to negotiate and go from there too. Last day of the month sometimes is a good day to get them to negotiate lower discounts. If you are not in a very competitive market makes it harder too.

People are paying $335 for a Highlander XLE (MSRP 40-41K) so the LE must be lower than that.

Where are you located and do you have multiple dealers of the same brand near you?

Does legwork mean just driving to dealer after dealer (it is annoying but I will do it)?
I live on Long Island and have 5-10 dealers of every manufacturer within a 30 min drive.
I’m assuming competitive market means lots of dealers in area or does that mean something else?
I will definitely look at the negotiation threads.
I know they are there to make the most money (by the way I did all my legwork yesterday on the last day of the month). If they completely turn down a deal then they make $0 dollars, so are they just being stubborn?

@Kamer I’m alittle confused on the numbers you posted. Are the acq fee rolled into your payments or paid upfront? From what I see, it says you want to pay those upfront, but your drive-off amount doesn’t seem to include it?

Long Island and 5-10.

Sorry just a bad copy/paste job by me. It is rolled in.

Southern California is considered a competitive market with many dealers. LI, where i am from, not that easy. You can start by narrowing down your choices first. Look at dealer websites for the specials section. Go to truecar.com and get a sense of dealer discount for each suv. Look at cars.com for rebates and play with the calculator on this site to see what comes close to your payment. Last day does not always work if they have met their quota or no bonus being run by the manufacturer if certain number of cars get sold.

You might need to try Westchester and southern CT dealers…lot of LI dealers think they have a captive market

If youre willing to travel to NJ, and youre interested in the Rogue with 3rd row (I prefer the 2 row Rogue in terms of space) I have a very good dealer I work with in NW NJ who discounts under invoice.