new to leasing but a little lost.
the vehicle im looking at is sonic gray pearl (so im assuming that changes the price by a bit?)
what MF , residual, loyalty credits (if there are even any) or lease should I keep an eye out for a 2021 Honda Accord SE? I’m looking for a 36m/12k
You need to go to the vehichle specific forums on Edmunds.com, they have that information. This is the place to come with a deal that you were offered and people will tell you whether they think it is worthwhile or there are better deals out there
We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.
- Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!! While you’re at it, be sure to watch the LH video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjgvLxqcLfA) to brush up on how to must efficiently use the resources here.
- Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
- Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
- Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
- Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
- Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.
With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.
Sonic gray has an MSRP that is $395 higher than non-premium colors, there aren’t any loyalty credits
I’ll PM you a lease quote on this vehicle
As others have said, you have more work to do.
But, once that work is done you have to negotiate the deal.
Mandate 5% off the MSRP as a dealer discount, that will lower your lease payment.
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.