**MSD: 0
**Incentives: $2000 lease cash, $750 loyalty

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 12k
**MF: .00156
**Residual: 59%

**Zip Code: NJ
**Leasehackr Score: 9.9

Helped a co-worker with this deal. I had a Volvo S90 T6 Mom Awd worked out for him with Aplan for $459/month and $550 due at signing 12k/24mo but he wasn’t crazy about the car.

I don’t know how you brokers do it and put up with so much! His choice changed almost daily…infiniti, volvo, bmw, wrangler!? I’m all about helping people save money, but I don’t think I’m going to help people I know anymore unless I get compensated.

1 Like

Tell me about the pain of putting up with helping someone making the car selection process !! We helped a cohort with buying choice of: started with Corolla/Elantra, all the way upto an X5 (70K). Finally settled on (took TWO years, yes TWO full years to settle!) and bought the X5! Go figure!

Luckily once they made-up mind on buying the X5, the buying process itself took less than half day.

Later I realize it wasn’t the 2-years time that helped making his choice, it was combination of his kid coming to college, then one of his car got totaled. Took two big incidents/events to finally settle on their car-choice. Either early planner or slow thinker !

1 Like

Not to insinuate that its not a good deal and I am pretty ignorant when it comes to general level of knowledge from most of your experts here, but, if the car was being sold for $34k how is the payment at basically $500? Is this a good deal because this car generally doesn’t lease that well? Just an honest curious question because I’ve leased cars all around 45-50k minimum with much less sales price discounts but either the same or lower payments.

I understand every brand and model is different but thats why I am asking so I can understand the current market better

Edited

Of late: BMWs have not been able to lease well (MF not exciting, not much lease support/rebates, no MSDs in many states) - there are many threads detailed here on LH…

Payments are determined by what your sales price is, versus the residual value at end of lease plus taxes, fees and interest. The 1% rule is not based on what the sales price is – it’s based off the vehicle MSRP.

But I agree with you that for a $20k discount on a $50k car, I don’t get how his payments are $500/mo.

Looks like the OP was just edited and the sales price was $44k. So that makes significantly more sense now.

sorry typo…44k not 34k

sorry typo…

Ah ok. That is more in line with what I’ve seen around. Makes more sense.