List of places to sell or value your car online

Anyone used Revv before? Post a car and have 350 dealers (supposedly) bid on it. Cool idea but wondering how much action it actually drives.

It was useless when I tried to sell my Porsche.

1 Like

Removing shift.

5 Likes

Any Roadra feedback? Plugged in info and their number is higher than the usuals

What you got initially is probably an estimate for them. Similar to Revv where you’re supposed to get bids from dealers, at least that was my most recent experience. Worth a try though.

On a different note, the Vroom offer went down by $13k in a month lol

I’ve read that CCAP allows third party buyouts. Can the third party be a friend that wants to take my car? I don’t see this as an option. Can they also just take over my lease (like a lease transfer similar to swapalease)?

Nope. But you could have a dealer facilitate that for a cut for doing the work. CCAP does not do transfers. It will also take time for the title to transfer for probably not worth the wait.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. Chrysler Capital seems to be the worst.

1 Like

Not at all. They’re the best when it comes to CDJR leasing options. Being able to sell to third parties has been a boon for many of us.

4 Likes

I thought we can’t sell to third parties?

Third party dealers yes.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sold one to WeBuyAnyCar

Is Vroom a total joke now? Got a quote for a 2023 540i RWD with 67K MSRP and 9,000 mi. The car is at a BMW dealer so I put in perfect condition for everything, no defects, all good, etc. Vroom came up with $31,700!!! WTF!!! The RV on 36/7.5 lease is almost $40,000 - how can they be off by that much? Carvana came up with 44K+. Rodo and Driveway couldn’t spit out a number at all… also weird since there should be plenty of data for a 2023 540i in So Cal.

Would appreciate if anyone could run an MMR on it.

Vroom is definitely having some issues: found another nearly identical 540i at another BMW dealer listed for $54K. Input data points with the new VIN to match options and mileage on the first car and Vroom came up with $17,782.

@max_g Please remove Vroom, they chapter 11/13 (or about to be)

4 Likes

So have come across three new options that have been giving decent offers. I have not sold to them, but worth checking out when you’re trying to move something.

Revv: getting a lot more action here vs. before. They’re bidding to drive traffic. Last try I got a few bids.

Kargone: decent offers here too and they’ll pay you if they can’t beat CarMax (like GMTV)

Nerdwallet: sell your car with that credit card offer?

6 Likes

Fwiw,

I used (or attempted to use) revv to sell my GR Corolla Core. I told the guy it was a Core. The VIN decodes as a Core. He apparently listed it as a Circuit. So the dealer thought they were getting a steal (at the time) paying $43k for a Circuit. Obviously the whole deal got unwound but the Revv rep did send me a $50 gift card for the mixup iirc so all was well

1 Like

Good feedback. Yeah I got the vibe they’re still working out the kinks but the people I’ve texted with are super helpful.

1 Like

I tried a couple of valuations with nerdwallet. They gave me a valuation for my 2021 QX50 (about $4K below Carvana) but when I entered the VIN for a 9 yr old Volvo I am looking to buy (with higher miles) it punted me to Peddle.com who gave the valuation.