Liquid Savings and CDs - Where Do You Keep Your Cash?

Capital one 360 performance savings currently offering 3% on their savings account. New account holders can get a $500 bonus for depositing $50k and $1k for $100k using code FALL22. Ends Dec 14th.

FYI

3 Likes

Day late…just opened an account a week ago. This would’ve been a sweet bonus.

That bonus has been out for at least a few weeks. I’d contact them and ask if it can be applied (i.e. you forgot to enter/not sure if you entered the code). might even be automatic

1 Like

They said call back at 90 days( that’s how long money has to be there to claim bonus) and they’ll apply it.

1 Like

Yep I use cap1 for my savings. Pretty much cd rates without a lock in period or penalties for withdrawal.

Have had great customer service with them as well. If I wasn’t so lazy I’d switch checking to them. But the thought of redoing all my auto pay bills gives me anxiety

Yep, same here. I’m a big fan and I’ve been with them for quite a few years now. Service has always been good-great, and their offers have been decent.

That is the only reason I still have one of my original checking accounts open. Its much easier to transfer funds into the account (as I no longer have direct deposit there, etc.), versus to redo all of the connections.

1 Like

Wealthfront isnt a bad place to park $ as well. I think they are paying 3.3% as of now.

2 Likes

you can do much better. rates are creeping up towards 4% and bonds are above 4.2% now.

1 Like

I havent bothered with any of them to be honest.

well your majesty, my sincerest apologies for informing you of what the peasantry was up to.

We just opened a Capital One 360 account and took full advantage for the bonus code today. Thanks!

1 Like

Citibank has a very similar one, which I had started a couple of months ago. I don’t recall if the savings account has a bonus, but it’s currently at 3.10%.

The checking account, you get $1k for only $75k deposited. It goes up to $2k iirc, but I don’t remember the exact increments.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Just looked it up. Here is the breakdown:

$200, $500, $1,000, $1,500 or $2,000 depending on your deposit amount:

Earn $200 if you deposit from $10,000 to $29,999.

Earn $500 if you deposit from $30,000 to $74,999.

Earn $1,000 if you deposit from $75,000 to $199,999.

Earn $1,500 if you deposit from $200,000 to $299,999.

Earn $2,000 if you deposit $300,000 or more.
1 Like

Schwab money market (SNAXX) currently yielding 3.65%.

1 Like

If you leave 1% on the table you may think you are getting 2K when you deposit 300K, but in reality you are paying them 1K

I agree, need to check out savings/checking interest rate in addition to bonus holding periods and assess from there. I haven’t done that yet, just posting the bonuses the previous poster alluded to. Quick glance, $75k looks to be the sweet spot…

1 Like

Isn’t initial investment for snaxx $1mil?

1 Like

Correct. With that kind of money might as well do t bills. No downside besides the lock in period.

Yes, I forgot SNAXX has a $1M minimum.

Schwab also has SWVXX which pays a little less but has no minimum.

@eker I’ve put a lot in Treasuries and a few CDs. But SNAXX or SWVXX is the best yield I’ve found for liquid funds. Still, I’m always looking for better alternatives.

1 Like

VMRXX is at ~3.6% I believe with a $3k minimum and. 0.1% load. This is what I use because it is so easy.