Lexus GX 460 Pemium in SoCal

Can I get some thoughts or suggestions on a lease for a 2018 Lexus GX Premium in SoCal? I received the following quote from the Lexus dealer in Carlsbad. I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Msrp. $61077 Lexus GX premium
Sale price $55,661with $1000 rebate and $4,000 down.
36 months
MF .0009
10k miles per year
Residual 36,646.20
Payment $527.62 with tax,lic, and bank fee?

Why would you put $4k down? Confirm .0009 is the buyrate MF. If so, negotiate 11-13% off MSRP before rebates, max out MSDs (to get to .00018) and roll everything else into the monthly.

2 Likes

OK, good point about the 4K down.

remember the rebate expires on 06/04. we might get better or worse rebate for the month on June.

Just for the reference, I received quote for 500 month including tax, 1000 down including the rebate for a $60k msrp premium. Roughly about $7500 off msrp.

May I ask who you dealt with? That is much better than my deal and I’m willing to do it by 6/4. I’m assuming the incentives after June 4 will be less. Thank you Sir!

In my region (southeast), the lease cash rebate on the 2018s has oscillated between 500 and 1000 since Nov 2017 when I first started shopping for a gx460. Per your point though, in Nov 2017, the lease cash on a 2017 gx460 was 3000 (outgoing model), with similar residual to the 2018. If it’s the dealer telling you the rebate will expire on June 4, they are correct, but saying the one that replaces it will definitely be worse sounds a bit like care salesman speak to get you to purchase now.

same here in Socal, the rebates were about 1000 every other month. I did hear that there was a 4000 rebate in the month aug in 2017 as well.

They had $4k rebate for purchase, but I don’t think there was ever $4k lease cash. Late last year, there was a $5k Morgan Stanley Reserve incentive that stacked, but qualification for that was pretty hard to get.

oh ok, do you happened to know the highest Lease Cash offered by Lexus on GX?

$2k was the highest I remember. Around December, LFS usually covers 1st month’s payment too.

1 Like

Per this thread, there was 2500. In my region there was 3000 at about the time no 2017s were available. Also, if you are a Morgan Stanley reserved client, it might be worth waiting to see if the $5k cert reappears.

1 Like

I got a quote today up at Beverly Hills Lexus. They have a demo with an MSRP of around $59k

They quoted me on a 27/10:

$1000 drive off
$516 OTD @7.75% sales tax.

Thought it was pretty good…but I think I want a sports car…

thats a great price !

Lease Cash is still at $1000 for month of June.

I really hope it is more during July and Aug since my lease is due at the end of the Aug lol

All Premium model GX’s are $2000 less now.

I just got a quote from a Lexus dealer in the bay area CA (Greater SF Area) and I wanted to see where to go on negotiations and curious how good of a starting point this is. Here are the details:

2018 GX460 Premium Package, Navi, Heated/cooled seats
36 months w/$0 down: $688/mo
MSRP: $57,968
Sell Price after discounts: $50,968
Net price after non tax fees, dealer admin: $52,488.15
10k miles/year, they said it will go up $50/mo to do 15k miles per year which I will likely want.
Money factor: .00135 - FYI my fico is 683 :frowning:
Residual for premium package: 60%
They offered me the luxury package w/air suspension but residual is 56% and price jumps to $885/mo with $0 down.

Any advice on how to work with them to get a break there on the pricing? And is the luxury package/air suspension really worth it? Thanks!

Major difference between in luxury are that it has active adaptive suspension (not air suspension) which let you set the suspension stiffness, it also has an auto level rear only* air suspension (air spring) which levels the rear of the vehicle if you are towing or hauling heavy loads, and it uses semi-aniline leather seating which is softer and more “durable” than the premium. And there is an optional* driver support, which gives you all the modern safety system. Which are well worth the money if you ask me. However it is very hard to find a good deals on them since they are very rare.

As far as the price goes, as i mentioned above you should be able to get under 550 with 0 down on a premium model.

Thanks so much for the info!

Would the pricing you’re mentioning still make sense with my lower fico at 685?

Thats is with 720+ or tier 1+. Im not sure what the MF is at tier 1+, but i belive they are around $80-100 difference.