Leaving the country, have to exit my lease

You may want to add your phone number in the description on Swapalease. Some people don’t like spending the fee to get contact information. It helped me when listing a car on their site.

So because you dont like the president you advise him to simply leave at the airport? He signed a contract. Sorry for his turn of events but at least give a chance for voluntary repossession from VW. If you want to talk about politicians ethics i think the american people have an ax to grind with both parties. Sorry if i broke forum rules and mentioned politics.

1 Like

Do NOT leave the car at the airport. That’s a terrible thing to do. OR call dealer and tell them it’s there. If it comes to it, drop off at VW dealer on way to the airport. What is your actual date of departure from the country?

If you have exhausted all options and really, really don’t think there’s anyway to work this out then turning in the car on the way to the airport might not the worst idea.

This is only if you don’t plan on ever coming back to work here for the foreseeable future.

Even for a visit, you don’t really need to worry. A debt like that isn’t criminal, you’ll just ruin your credit.

I’m a college kid leasing a car, and I’m always very sure that some point in my college life I’ll fk up economically, car lease will be my headache and also I’m on a visa so if I ever want to drop everything and leave, I made up million contingency plans. The most successful (in my mind) and INSANE plan I made was to screw my insurance company and not ruin score, because I plan to come back.
Plan as follows:

1. Burn the car or total the car
  2. Insurance or if you have GAP they’ll take care.
  3. Get yourself a nice steak diner.

Getting high insurance rate is something I can live with, or getting liability insurance by buying a car I can afford, until insurance comes back down. Getting my credit screwed is something I would not like, Period.
Credit cards remain active even after you leave the country on final exit.

P.S. Correct me if I am wrong, so I can come up with something more successful.

Lol… actually quite brilliant… just don’t kill anyone bro​:rofl::angry:

Arson/insurance fraud is probably much worse than just leaving the car at the airport or VW dealer.

1 Like

Nothing like a little insurance fraud to release you from your financial obligations. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My suggestion would be to take more critical thinking classes in college.

Worst idea evaaaaaaa

Hey man, I’m interested in your Golf GTI.

I’m located in buena park, i can’t PM you directly since I’m a new member is there any way for me to get in touch with you? swapalease requires an annual subscription to use their service -___-

anyway good luck!

syedhasan- Insurance Fraud is a felony. You want to talk about ruining your life and not coming back. No thanks- I would rather take the credit hit then stuck with a felony and no job prospects. Felony conviction, fines and now you have to pay the entire cost of the car.

Your credit report has nothing to do with your visa. Never has and never will.

Prob the more accurate comment so far.

I won’t ask you for your GPA, because you clearly aren’t very bright. No offense. Your forum handle is probably your real first and last name, and you also mentioned some other identifiers about yourself such as: you’re here on a visa, and you’re a college student, and you are leasing a car.

You are making all this very easy for the investigator working your potential arson/insurance fraud case lol.

You might be young, grasshopper, but there are just some things you don’t share with others. For example, telling a girl you are about to have sex with that your balls have been itching you all day. No, you keep that to yourself. You don’t tell people your contingency insurance fraud plans either, you keep it to yourself- if you want to stay out of jail.

So, @ajd, what’d you do?!