Leasing using Edmunds Deal

I talked with a broker from here a little while back about leasing in AZ. He basically said that getting something with nothing down under $300 in AZ would maybe not be possible.

Has anyone used “The Edmunds Deal” to do a lease? It seems like they take into account all costs and even base it on your zip code and credit score range. It seems like if you like the deal you just have them forward it to the dealer and Id hope its pretty smooth from there finishing the deal. I can get a Forte for $280 on there. Which isnt the best deal, but AZ leasing sucks. But before moving forward I was curious if anyone used this before.

Sounds like TrueCar for leasing, or RODO or whatever it’s called now.

Can’t really say anything without specific info and details. Have you even gotten dealer quotes or just assuming that this is great based on one broker’s opinion? $280 for a Forte seems pretty, uh, bad.

yea its not very good, but its the cheapest lease available in AZ that ive seen with only the first payment down. The final price of the vehicle seems decent. The only downer is you are pretty much stuck with a $650 acquisition fee at most of these dealers, but thats not too far off a broker fee. And when looking for a under $300/m car brokers dont really seem interested in dealing with you.

Basically for a used car with warranty left around here im left with like a Hyundai Elantra from Autonation that comes to around $15300 out the door. Which even at 72 months is $246 a month. So around $30 per month more to just lease a car and not have to own it is appealing.

I no longer feel comfortable with the long term reliability of any make, even Toyota after my last vehicle. And tech related repairs can get expensive on out of warranty newer vehicles. IMO over the last 10 years or so all makes have gotten more attractive up front but with less long term reliability. I just don’t want to own cars anymore.

Have you talked to any brokers yet? I live in CA and found that Edmunds deals are worse than what you can get by yourself or through a broker by at least $50/mo for the few cars that I checked.

Yea a top one on here. He nicely told me he didnt want to bother with that price range in that state. CA is about as good as it gets for leasing. I just dont feel like driving that far to get a car.

I guess I should try emailing some dealers around here though if it could mean that kind of price difference. . I had hoped to deal with car salesmen as little as possible

There are shipping companies

1 Like

Perhaps you already know this but you can also get truecar quote from a few dealers and start negotiating for lease. I found that most of the time truecar dealers are more likely to negotiate than others.

A trip to SD, Riverside or LA is 1 hour flight and 6 hours driving back

Edmunds signed us up without us knowing and the deals they were sending out were like $3k losers that we couldn’t honor. Had them shut the feature off real quick.

Something with the way they calculated leases was way off

2 Likes