Leasing Tesla Model 3 or HOV vehicle in SoCal

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on leasing an electric car/ maybe hybrid, so we can utilize CA HOV. I have done some research, and it seems the model 3 is a descent car to have. However, I am not seeing any “deals” with them and purchasing is a better alternative than leasing these cars. Due to a business I have, leasing is better for tax purposes.

Having said that, are there any promotions/incentives going on, what is the MF and Residual on the extended range model for 36month/12k

I found on Lease Hacker calculator the MF is .0024125 and Residual is 57%. Is this correct?

PS Anyone can recommend any other vehicle option that has great leasing now that will utilize CA HOV?

Thank you all very much

Sounds like you need to do more research.

Nobody has the lease details for Tesla. Best bet is to calculate on their website.

For other HOV eligible vehicles (there is a list online) you can request the numbers from Edmunds. There is no point in running numbers on a car you haven’t driven yet. I HATED the GLC350e when I finally drove it.

Your BEST bet is to take over the lease of someone who has an HOV sticker already. There is a wait once you start your lease.

Use the search function here and do some more research. Good luck.

4 Likes

Thank you for the info!

The payment is a little high on this one but it has the sticker already

1 Like

I have an uncool Volt and Bolt, got them when they were dirt cheap. You may get a BMW 530e for less than $500 a month that was a loaner, that is if you can find one. Audi E-Tron is having a lease special if you have Costco Membership.

1 Like

I would love to find one for less than $500 on the 5 series. E tron is nice but over budget lol

Start emailing dealers, target a pre incentive discount that will get you to under $500 and see what you get. LH has all you need to learn how, just spend some time reading here.

This site gives deals on leases for Model 3. Cars have miles on them, or are very old (2018) and unsold, or are returns.

1 Like

Tesla leases are pretty horrible. I just got quoted for $2,500 down and $642/mo (incl taxes) for a gray model 3 standard range plus (0 options.) I own a model 3 and I love it. If you want a model 3, you’re better off buying one. The buying experience was the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever had. Choose color/options, put down deposit, (I financed through my credit union) and DONE!

Buy the model 3. You wont regret it. No point leasing teslas

Look no further. 530E, already has the stickers, $420 a month. Located in SoCal too:

1 Like

Great broad list for HOV vehicles here - http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/

1 Like