Leasing Pleasure: S/O | Partner | Spouse

Hi all! The (self-accredited) LH College of Arts and Sciences is conducting a study, in cooperation between the behavioral economics and sociology departments.

Credit to this post, though I’ve been mulling this for a while X3 for the Wife

Not trying to get graphic or specific, but I’m curious to know when you go out of your way to (help) get your SO/Partner/Spouse EXACTLY what vehicle they want, how does that affect relations? Poll will NOT show who responds:

• Less sexy time than usual
  • No change
  • Slight increase in sexy time
  • Wow is it our anniversary or my birthday?
  • Flashback to the very early days
  • Things that have never been on the menu suddenly are

0 voters

And how long does this change in your relations last (again respondents hidden):

• Only day we take delivery
  • 48-72 hours
  • 1 week
  • Until plates arrive
  • Until new car smell wears off
  • Until lease disposition

0 voters

This important research will help the aliens :alien: who control our simulated reality fine-tune our experience. Thanks!

3 Likes

Um… What?

1 Like

She takes what I give her and if she don’t like it she’s got two legs to hoof it with.

5 Likes

Uh, interesting post…

It’s the off ramp. I have quite a bit of anecdotal data but not the cross section I’d hope for. For some I assume it’s no big deal. I had a couple friends who would trade cars every time they needed to reboot the love life. Hopefully leasing isn’t the only reason but provides some secondary benefit.

You’ll drive this medical-waste orange Aztec or you can take a Bird scooter to work!

2 Likes

Yowza!

Material goods used to jumpstart/rekindle a love life sounds like a recipe for future separation :confused:

11 Likes

I get her what she wants each time because (1) I care about her being happy, and (2) she is an exceedingly reasonable and not-demanding person by nature. I mean, she wanted a Subaru…

For the person who keeps our household running, it seems like low hanging fruit to make her happy.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, though nobody is in anyone else’s marriage.

One example: he’s in his 50s and looks like Borat, wears flamboyant Armani track suits that cost more than a Forte. She is in her 30s and attractive, her purse cost 2-3x my Polestar tune. She wants a certain Indian/British SUV to go shopping, who is he to complain? Happy wife, happy life he says (I hate that expression). :man_shrugging:t2:

I’ve seen “kept” guys also the beneficiary of the new whip, straight and gay. It should never be quid pro quo but some people expect it, some with means just like to show their appreciation. I’m mostly interested in the affect on stable/equitable relationships. :face_with_monocle:

Love it! :blue_car::cupid:

I must still be at the youthful, exuberant, naive age where I’m not bartering for intimacy because these polls don’t even make sense to me.

(This is me feeling young and I like it thanks OP)

5 Likes

Good clarification, and I made it in one of the other replies. I do know people who barter for intimacy, that’s not really the target here. Overtime all relationships settle into a certain ennui, the question is getting at whether leasing has any affect on that - positive or negative.

De nada. If you need a wingman and you’re in SoCal (the weeks I’m here) or NYC (the weeks I’m there) PM me: I am a 5-star rated table setter for others :beers::raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

“ I am a 5-star rated table setter for others :beers::raised_hands:t2:

^^^ This is fantastic

3 Likes

Thanks. Some day over a beer, I’ll tell the story about the women I was in love with and accidentally introduced to her (now) husband. :2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal:

3 Likes

This makes me think that there should be LH matchmaking – so you don’t anger your significant other when you get cars more than every 10 years.

Who wants to step up as shadchan?

4 Likes

Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match. Find me a find.

4 Likes

I don’t think my spouse would like that very much :laughing:

2 Likes

I just saw Fiddler in Yiddish with my mom in June!

4 Likes

Hahahahahaa! Yes!!!

And to boot the guy looks like Matt Damon!

I can only understand swear words and similar that my Bubbe used to (ok still does) yell at me when I do something wrong…

3 Likes