Leasing on a TN Visa?

That’s bs! Sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about. I personally know illegals that have car loans and leases. Get your DL and SSN while on the visa and use them after visa expiration for loans, credit cards…whatever. It’s that easy.

1 Like

Exactly. Lenders don’t give a damn about legality, let alone length of visa. All those ads in Spanish for mortgage lenders…who do you guys think they’re targeting? But even for those legally on a TN or H1B, nobody cares. I worked plenty of foreigners on work visas and they all had car loans, leases, mortgages, you name it.

True but you can go to your local social security office with your documents and update your status (to either permanent resident or US citizen).

BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, VW among what I’ve personally gone through buts its on a case by case basis, if you tie in college grad with a deal, the lender (manufacturer ), will take it (lease/ purchase, even 0 drive off) :smiley:

As you’ve revived this topic, I will also post an update. Shortly after the start of this thread I called every dealer more or less with 150 miles and no one would do a deal in person. As a last ditch effort I put an effort in on Rodo on a limited Ioniq plug-in and a dealer 45 miles away accepted. The offer price on Rodo was $230/m (a far cry of a deal compared to some on the base models, but still a relatively good deal). Rodo got back to me and said the dealer could only do it for xxx, after some negotiating we agreed on $245/m.

After uploading my information they did note that I was a temporary resident, but since it was the end of the month they were willing to work hard with HMF to make a deal, if I could do it by the end of the month. They ran my finances (it took a while and supposedly they had to work it) and eventually came back as Tier 4 high risk due to my status but they agreed to eat the additional cost of the financing. I went in and the dealer was awesome, rest of the deal went off without a hitch. I did ask while there how much extra my status was costing me and the finance guy claimed roughly $14/m which seems rather reasonable to me.

Overall I really like the new car (my first). I would have preferred to save money and have the base model, but the little extra luxury is nice.

2 Likes