Leasing Newbie - ID4 Offer @ $811/month acceptable?

It’s important here to find out the actual msrp, as the dealer is double charging for destination if the actual msrp is $45690, aka marking it up over msrp.

1 Like

@mllcb42 are you saying the “Delivery” / “Destination” fee (in the quote above at $1,195) should be included in the MSRP? leasing newbie and car-amateur that I am, I did not know this.

@amatot @Siejammy thanks. it is pretty clear the conclusion on here is … “yikes”, “nuts”, “run away”, “audible gasp”!

I will see if I can get an offer around $650 from other dealers, if not, I will just walk away and consider other models…

1 Like

Run away. And visit an Audi dealership and ask them if they can give an Audi E-tron. You could lease that for less than what you saw with VW

1 Like

Well, at least you came here first, so that’s good. What’s sad is that there is some sucker who probably walked in after you who will take this deal. And that’s how the general manager gets his new boat! :joy:

Yes, destination should be included in the msrp.

1 Like

You could in March, not so much now.

You should - its a good car on paper - but this novelty thing combined with the supply/demand is not playing to your advantage for sure. Are you set on an EV? Does it have to be a crossover SUV? Patience is key right now.

I sent a request to a third dealer in the DMV area who was recommended. They didn’t break the quote down (yet), but the topline figure they gave me was virtually same (“zero down - 36 months - $806 residual = $22,552”).

Maybe this is just the wrong car, wrong state or the wrong time… grateful for the advice on here.

@amatot We are not set, an EV just sounded attractive because we never drive far (i.e. range is not an issue) and we really liked the vehicle when we test-drove it (spacious, quiet, modern). Then again, if the price is not reasonable we will wait…

It’s a brand new car during the worst time to lease in decades.

Wait. This car is not a $800 a month car.

1 Like

@mllcb42 just out of interest - why is it the “worst time to lease in decades”? because the high post-COVID demand and low chip-shortage supply translates into no discounts / high markups?

I guess we could fix-up our 2005 BMW for one more year… :persevere:

Mix that in with huge inflation and you have prices through the roof.

In the $500’s per month range zero drive off for a 1st Edition if you’re in California

Honestly? It’s not even worth that.

2 Likes

Try Nissan Leaf if range isn’t an issue.

1 Like

There are way better deals on a xc40 lease now. mid to upper 400’s if you want a similar size suv EV.

1 Like

It it helps to prevent a disaster I will chime in too. Please don’t lease this car for $811 a month.

This lease is insanity. Period.

Out of all the EVs that came out recently or are scheduled to come out, the ID4 might be the most meh, instantly forgettable of them all. I expect resale values to reflect that in 3-4 years. So buying it makes no sense either.

You need to go back to the drawing board and choose an EV that leases better or holds its resale value better.

3 Likes