Leasing Negotiations

This happens all the time to me. I have negotiated/hacked 5 leases in the last year for myself, wife, and family members. I have found just getting the selling price and payment info from the dealer and the MF/RV/rebates from edmunds is the best way to go. Then you can check their math and call out where they are building in fat. On the Odyssey I just leased they showed me a great selling price but the end payment didn’t make sense because they bumped the money factor and were hiding some dealer adds. I took the selling price to another dealership and made the deal.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah this is becoming quite the ordeal.

The one dealer who responded won’t give me any information via email, they said they can’t send it that way, sounds like BS to me.

Yeah they are all running scared of people sharing with other dealerships. I just posted a deal about a Leaf quote I got. He actually sent me a screenshot of the software they use, probably because its one of the last 2018 Leafs in the state.

I think what he was trying to imply is, work the deal yourself based on MSRP, know what the monthly should be with the RV/MF, and work from that payment. If you know the rebates and the MF/RV, come up with a realistic sales price before incentives, and know how to do some math, you should know how much (ballpark) a monthly should be before you begin to negotiate.

That’s my take…maybe I’m wrong on what he was trying to say.

1 Like

They don’t want you to shop the deal. Alot of dealers will say “We’ll be anyone’s price,” but they won’t do it by word of mouth…you need proof. They don’t want to give you that proof.

Starting to get some numbers back, boy do they seem terrible.

I’ve been quoted a sales price of 28,491 and 29,647 which doesn’t seem so bad, but then the lease figures come back at 415 and 381 mo?

That’s bad right? At those prices I can buy the car.

Would anyone have suggestions on some SUV’s that Lease well? I’ll do the homework but wow those leases really don’t seem to be very good.

Just look at the Marketplace and Shared Deals here

Have you had any experience with a company called Centennial Leasing? They are in Denver and Fort Collins I think.

I was thinking maybe of going through a broker, any idea what they charge?

Thanks!

Josh

They’ve been around forever and I’ve known people that have used them and said they are great. The other one that has been around forever is automotive avenues. As far as anyone I personally know, Lee Graf at JFR was someone I use to work with and he’s a great guy, most honest guy I’ve ever met in the car business. https://jfrautos.com/consultants/lee-graf/

Typically brokers either charge around $500 or have it baked into the deal and the dealer they find the car at pays them the $500. But they save you all the time and hassle of finding a deal.

Benton