Leasing in another State

Due to limited competition in CO market, I’m thinking about leasing my vehicle in So Cal and shipping it over. I’d like some feedback from Hackers who has experience in this.

1. What type of additional cost outside of shipping can you incur.
  2. Will the dealers negotiate over email or phone
  3. Anyone recommend some dealers on this type of transaction

Thanks in advance!

1. $1 per mile approx in shipping cost from the dealer to you.
  2. Yes and always but not all will do out of state deals.
  3. Usually California dealers do a ton of out of state

What’s the vehicle? … (20)

1. It’s not $1 a mile, unless it’s a close delivery. For reference NJ to FL is $600. CA to NY is 1.2k.
  2. Yes.
  3. What car

Sure it is for enclosed - that’s how I ship all my cars.

Isn’t it the same if they leave the wrapping on the car? In NY the dealer pays another local dealer $100 to have them prep the vehicle and have you sign the paperwork there.

I’m looking to lease 2 cars Infiniti Q60 redsport awd, Q50 2.0t awd, Mercedes C300 coupe and/or BMW 320 or X1. Do you think leasing two vehicle at the same location would be an incentive for them?

We have been negotiating with several SoCal dealers since the midwest sucks for competitive Lexus leases. All of them have told us at least one of us needs to be present to sign the paperwork and take delivery before we can hand the vehicle off to a shipping company. I’m even already have a Lexus lease, and they won’t budge.

I leased my car from Colorado and I live in WA.

I leased a 2017 E300.

Shipping was about $600 and the dealer had no problem leasing out of state.

I will caution you that apparently there used to be a scam where people would lease out of state using fake or stolen identities and then sell the car. Not the dealer, but the leasing company would ask for additional proof of identity and a quick interview over the phone.

For service, I go to the local dealership

that’s odd. I worked up some deals with SoCal dealers and never had that problem. One in fact was Shelly BMW.

They mentioned that they have had a problem like you had mentioned with the car “disappearing”. I can understand that, but since I’m already a Lexus Financial customer who had to go through a pretty extensive process for a lease transfer, it’s not like I’m some random person off the street. They have my name, address, phone number, SS#, credit history, etc and it’s all been verified less than 3 months ago.

I hear ya which is odd. I was a benz customer already and they were a little bit easier but still required the interview.

Is it the dealer or the car company that won’t lease it to you?

enclosed vehicle shipping kills a lot of deals as they are a lot more expensive than regular open car transport.

Go to uship.com to get a rough quote that way you can get an idea if it’s worth it or not.

The dealers. Lexus corporate said they don’t have a problem with it.

We were quoted $1100 from SoCal to Indianapolis open transport. We are using All Coast Auto Transport. I had them ship my RC F from Delaware to Indianapolis in late April, and was happy with them.