LEASING ANOTHER CAR, THIS TIME IN 2022...or NOT

RODO is offering $21,150…

As mentioned above, VW will charge much higher buyout to non VW dealer. Only a VW dealer will get the same buyout as you. Any other 3rd party gets a buyout number closer to market value.

RODO uses a VW dealer partner to buy it out so they can, just confirm there are no additional fees to do so.

UPDATE: Just got this offer, from ANOTHER DEALER…

SELLING PRICE - $36,379.00
$1500 - DOWN
$5000 EQUITY
$471.03 - MONTHLY

This is a different deal, cheaper monthly…and the car is actually on the lot…
I’m contemplating…

Take the equity and walk away.

Cash that check.

Only once has that check been cashed do you start a new car search from a clean sheet of paper.

1 Like

If I cash that check…I’m car-less! lol…
We only have one car for the family…hence my decision to go with whats avail asap…OR NOT.
(See attached)

$25000 to lease a $36k vw for 39 months is insanity

Look at that… we just found you another $2K!

Keep the offer in your pocket as it won’t change much and shop around for a new car before pulling the trigger. MSRP on that car is not great plus the R Line has the worst residual.

You are approaching XC60 territory with that all in price. Check out what brokers have available here.

2 Likes

Another 2K!! Right !! LOL

PLUS — the market is CRAZY. I don’t see how a broker will do any better. I saw some spreadsheets from dealers, and the numbers weren’t all that different from what ive been getting.I reached out to the broker and had no feedback.

There are multiple brokers 6-7% off a XC60 which gives you a comparable payment but for a $45k car.

A broker can certainly do better than sticker but you just need to have some flexibility on the vehicle unless you want to order one.

Have you received the important numbers for the car? What is the residual? What money factor are they using? What is the MSRP of the car, not just the selling price? Are they applying the equity to the deal or cutting you a separate check? That’s not clear from what you have shared. Assuming that this is a straight MSRP (yuck) deal with NO equity involved, a 39/10k lease should look like this, assuming a 56% RV and a .00150 money factor (Sourced from Edmunds), ballparking the fees and using NJ sales tax since that’s what you tagged the post with:

Now this would be close to the same deal, NO equity, but paying the acquisition fee, dealer, dmv and first month up front, taxes rolled into the payment:

Finally, this would be what the same deal should look like WITH $5,000 of trade equity included (I put it under “Down Payment” for this example:

Why is this quote approximately $75 a month higher, or almost $3,000 higher over 39 months than it should be? I’m not an expert on VW or their Financial division so I don’t know what their maximum markup is but marking up the money factor to .00280 gets you pretty close to what you have quoted. My suspicion is that they bumped up the trade offer and inflated the money factor in order to make it back and then some.

1 Like

Call VW and extend the lease for a few months. The add’l miles you put on it will be immaterial unless you’re driving it cross country and back every week. In this crazy market, value of your car may be even higher in a couple of months.

Then work with a broker on here to order yourself a new car. It’s your money but I assumed you came on here to get advice on how to save some. You’ve been given sound advice so take it.

1 Like

Rodo can get the VW dealer payoff. But they do charge a $500 lease purchase fee.

OP please dont take this the wrong way but you probably shouldnt be leasing (at least not until your clear on all of the inputs to your deal). The deal above is like you burning $6500…I would be willing to bet that if you reached out to any broker on this site they could come close to your effective $637 on a 36K car.

1 Like

i have a ton of xc60 demos that probably get you around this and are much more car for the money.

4 Likes

/not sure this intervention will succeed…

2 Likes

1 for 2 this week isn’t so bad.

2 Likes

RV = 53%, MF = 0.00167
MSRP = 35,879.00
Applying Equity to the Deal.

39/mo, 15K miles per year.

Extend the lease until you find a better deal.

I see now that it’s for 15k a year, which explains the residual discrepancy. Is 00167 the base money factor at 39/15? I believe Edmunds was showing 00150 at 39/10 but I could be mistaken. Assuming that your MF is the correct, base MF, If you look at the calculator link below there is clearly around $30/mo or around $1,000 overall buried somewhere in the quote you got, which I suspect is a MF markup to about 00220. As the calculator link shows up top, it’s effectively a $600/mo deal for a (slightly) marked up 35k car. You’re not going to get anyone here to tell you that it’s a deal worth taking.

1 Like