Leasing and then renting

Once again I am new and it’s about leasing but idk if this is the right place for this thread so sorry in advance.

This isn’t something I’m asking because I want to do it. I’m just asking because I am curious. Has anyone ever thought about leasing a brand new luxury car (Not for yourself to drive at ALL), signing up on “Turo” or something and having people rent your car for $100-$500 a day depending on the car. You could always put that they are limited on their miles too. I’m pretty sure they pay for damages too.

Or even only renting your car for x amount of time or x amount of miles total to make money back on the lease and then drive it yourself for the rest of the miles.

If all of that even makes sense.

Have you read reviews for Turo?

Sure if you believe you can make money, then go for it. Just remember you will technically be violating the terms and small print of most leases and insurances.

2 Likes

Ohhh I didn’t even think about that good call

1 Like

Hey that’s my name, hi quentin

-quentin

1 Like

Lmao how’s it going man

1 Like

This is the equivalent of using AirBNB to sub-let an apartment you’re renting. It’s doable and you can make money. If all goes well. But you are breaking your contract and if anything goes wrong will you will be in a world of hurt, both financially and legally.

I like the fact that you do think, not the way you think :), that can make you very rich or in jail, or both. Your excuse is your age, so keep thinking. You seem to have an entrepreneurial spirit, so try to stay away from minimum wage jobs (reference from your other post) you will make a lot more and faster money working for yourself.
As far as Turo, there is another wrinkle. The Turo makes it sound easy, but I am sure it could become a full time job dealing with it.
http://jalopnik.com/how-insurance-works-when-you-rent-out-your-car-on-turo-1792401490

2 Likes

Going well, how bout yourself

1 Like

What you have planned may go against your lease contract but it’s not illegal, it is a civil case (unless sub leasing is illegal in your state). However, it may not be a good idea. Work out the details, I’m sure you can come up with something that you can make a profitable business out of.

1 Like