Leasing 2018 BMW 330i xdrive Service Loaner

Hi Everyone,

These are the numbers that I got from my nearest BMW dealers for BMW 330i xdrive with 4630 miles in it (service loaner) for 36mos/12k.

MSRP : 50485
Dealer Discount : 10425
Selling Price : 40060
Rebate : 3500 ( Lease cash 2500 + college grad discount 1000)
RV : 60% ( He applied RV for 10k miles/year but he told I can lease it for 12k for same payment)
MF : 0.00188
Doc Fee : 300
License : 250
Acq fee : 925
Monthly Payment : $359
Downpayment : 2k (1st month payment, Acq Fee, License Fee)

I will be registering the vehicle in NC where the state tax is 3%.

Is this a good deal or should I go for more discount ?

Thanks,
Ravi

Few points:
(1) It doesn’t make sense that it would be the same payment for 10k vs. 12k. The 10k residual will be 1% higher than the 12k residual.

(2) The numbers don’t make sense. Using exactly what you provided with a 60% residual adjusted down for mileage, I’m getting the following numbers:

(3) If you change this to a 24 month lease and do MSDs, things improve quite a bit.

Basically something in here doesn’t make sense in your original numbers, but even still, you should max out your MSDs and do a 24 month lease given the discount being provided.

Thanks for the response @28firefighter. I have attached the calculation sheet that the dealer sent to me

OK - I missed the taxes part of this. NC Tax is 3% on the full purchase price of the car, not on the monthly payment.

This isn’t exact because I don’t have a choice to wrap in the taxes and not the acquisition fee. But this is fairly close.

I still think you should consider maxing out MSDs, changing to 24 months, and then also waiving the acquisition fee (raises MF by .00050):

All of those things would save you about $40/month.

Hi Everyone,

I got this quote for 2018 BMW 330i Xdrive Loaner with 4400 miles in it. The car comes with convenience package, Blind Spot monitor and Heated seats/steering wheel. Monthly Payment is $362 with $1500 down for 36 months/12k miles lease.

Let me know if this deal looks good ?

I’m on my phone and not in front of my pc so can’t calc it, but have them run a 24 month and see if it’s better.

Thanks for the reply. May I know why I need to check for 24months ? Is this 36mos deal bad ?

On the surface it looks ok. Can’t really dig in though being on my phone. With the decent discount and higher residual for 24, you may fare better, payment wise. You’re at 17% off before incentives now.

Base MF and looks like a strong discount to start. As @mp11477 notes have them run numbers for 24/12 for comparison but the only way to improve the deal is more off the sale price which they may or may not do.

This was my deal on a more expensive loaner…not sure what neck of the woods you’re in but considering tax seems to be on payment in your state, you may have some wiggle room:

If you can swing it, throw down up to 7 MSDs too in order to buy down the MF. That will save a few bucks too.

OK - I must be having an off day. Something about these numbers isn’t adding up. Assuming 3% tax on the payments, I get $390 after tax.

I don’t think the discount and rebates here make sense on a 24 month lease, but you should definitely do MSD. That should save you $20-$25/month.

Deleted and opened new thread. Sorry!

Please open a new thread. Don’t hijack this.

Sorry! I’m new here and did this in error. I apologize!