Leasehackr score question

Tax is not dependent on location when you’re the one comparing different cars. It’s always off of your address.

You will never compare two different vehicles for your personal use and have different tax rates.

If you’re talking about comparing my score vs your score on something, sure, but there are many other issues with that than just taxes.

I am. And we’ve already discussed that, so let’s just agree to disagree.

If you’re going to be comparing scores between different individuals then bare minimum you need to normalize for the dependent variables.

There’s a couple different use cases here, ignoring if they’re useful or not.

• Comparing deals on two similar vehicles for one person (i.e. I have offers for two different bmw 330s that are optioned slightly differently)

• Comparing deals on two dissimilar vehicles for one person (i.e. is a lease on a bmw 330 a better value than an audi a4)

• Comparing deals between two different people on similar vehicles (did I get a better deal on my bmw 330 than you did on your bmw 330)

• Comparing deals between two different people on two different vehicles (did I get a better deal on my bmw 330 than you did on your audi a4)

For there to be use when comparing between two different people, there are a lot more differences than just the tax rate that you would need to normalize for. Regional incentives, personal incentives, credit worthiness, regional gov fees, etc

Including tax or not including tax in that number still leaves a plethora of other variables.