7 Likes

Walking distance to the airport?

Sign me up!

7 Likes

How is that bad though? Now you got me thinking

It was cooler when Jets were noisier and the air reeked of kerosene. :relieved:

2 Likes

Are they not noisy now?

Wait for an MD80 to see how it was before.

1 Like

How bad was the concorde.

1 Like

6 Likes

Enough that it was prevented from flying out of JFK for a while until they devised a special climb out route for it for the purpose of noise abatement.

1 Like

I lived a few miles from the runway of an airforce plant for a while. U2s were the daily noisy plane, but we would get b2s taking off fairly often. Theyre dead silent until theyre pointed just the right direction.

2 Likes

6u33tb

14 Likes

Always thought it was crazy that everyone could see those taking off, kinda ruin the surprise when we need to attack enemies

Its not like they take off from anywhere near where they are going.

As an example, when they do the B2 flyover of the Rose Bowl, theyre actually doing a mock bombing run flying out of Ohio.

2 Likes

IIRC, takeoff/ascent sound was nowhere near as bad as the supersonic boom of its Mach 2 cruise speed. Thus it was never permitted to run any transcontinental passenger routes over land, just 2 transoceanic routes: London to/from NYC and Paris to/from NYC

There was the occasional exception to overland supercruise.

Well, in a potential standoff, it wouldn’t take much for our enemy to place some spies around those bases if we were to attempt a preemptive attack, there aren’t many B52 bases

Im sure they already have satellites and other monitoring systems watching them.