Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

This English class Mr Andy

1 Like

Me no speak english, me only speak H2O

1 Like

8 Likes

I used to work for Electronic Arts. They were the original EA to hate on. I cant believe VAG came along and made an EA that was actually worse in terms of customer experience.

2 Likes

Warm and sunny, 88*f. Heading back for Christmas and not looking forward to digging a winter coat out of my closet to wear.

My trust fund is the same size as yours :point_right: :point_right:

2 Likes

Does a 8/10 still count as a negative review even when its clear the rating is based on something completely out of your control (MSRP, market rates, etc.) or is there some sort of internal review to bounce some of the ones that clearly aren’t a reflection of your actual customer service.

If not, that sucks.

I’ve seen these unlimited miles leases before. their fine print/rules always forbid the vehicle from being used for commercial purposes.

I think the moment the VIN pops up on Turo or gets registered for Uber/Lyft/DD there would be a clawback.

If you owned a LLC and wanted to use the vehicle to courier some medical samples between pathologists… that’d still violate the rules of the lease. Although it’s harder to spot this.

With modern tech, I wouldn’t be surprised if this unlimited miles lease required a hard-wired tracker/lojack so they could see where you were driving every day. The moment it resembles a commercial route instead of long commutes, you’re toast.

Lol now you see why he hates the survey so much.

1 Like

fun fact in volvo world survey’s are counted as a “1” or a “0”

9-10 count as “1”
1-8 count as “0”

your goal is to maintain a .93

6 Likes

8/10 is a horrible score

A lot of stores need over a 9.0/10 average to get bonus and punish the sales persons pay check accordingly

2 Likes

People think I am joking when I tell them surveys are everything. I have flat out canceled deals with customers just because I do not trust them with the survey.

As a store.

80 new cars with a .95 csi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 120 new cars with a .91 csi

6 Likes

Yeah, so what happens is these marketing a-holes who have never had to sell a product in their lives concocted the Net Promoter Score.

Then MBA-minded folks applied NPS metrics against the entire sales and marketing funnel since low NPS was being blamed on the Sales Team.

So now any score below 9 = sales guy gets kicked in the balls.

2 Likes

Can the sales people explain the rating system to the customers? I’ve always been asked by sales people to rate them all 10s, but until this site I didn’t realize that they get F–ed for 8 and I also didn’t realize that the sales person would get F–ed for something that’s rated towards finance.

You are mostly correct, except for missing the part where store owner doesn’t accept his share of the fault for sub 0.9 average and scapegoats the salespeople

2 Likes

Technically the sales team isn’t supposed to explain the scoring at all. But yeah as a coping mechanism most sales people will plead for a good score.

I got a BMW (without using LH) a few months ago and sales guy said “tell me anything that may make your score on the survey less than 10 so I can fix it. If I don’t get a 10, I may lose my job.”

So all the stupid survey does is encourage sales people to try and get 10/10 at all costs. But the survey assesses the entire experience of the whole sales process (from lead gen to end of F&I). But somehow the product folks who set MSRP; the filled-with-lies marketing; the sweatbox negotiating rooms; and depressed F&I person all get blamed on the one sales person.

Sad.

2 Likes

When I worked at Audi, I needed a 970 to keep my monthly bonus. 950 I would only get half. Below a 950 and I didn’t get any bonuses. You got 1 mulligan month every year. So if you had a killer month with a bad survey score, you could still get your bonuses.

It is a gray area. You are not supposed to “coach” meaning you can’t say give me all 10s. I tell people this is how the system works (everything other than a 10 is a failing score), I would greatly appreciate all 10s (ask, not tell), and please let me know if there are any problems and how we can fix them so your experience is all 10s/yes. So far, I have a 99 out of 100 for the year with a 100 in integrity. Funny enough, my scores have always been higher at dealers that don’t pay on surveys than those that do. You always feel like you are walking on eggshells when a survey is hanging over your head.

9 Likes

I was watching a Last Week Tonight episode about McKinsey having a tendency to overcharge for BS, don’t-need-an-advanced-degree-to-tell-you-this solutions for problems that really aren’t major problems. This seems like one of those “solutions” that convinced dealerships to implement what sounds like a garbage model for pay incentives.

(conversely, it could be viewed by owners as a fantastic, over-simplified model to keep costs down by making employees jump through impossible hoops to receive bonuses :sweat_smile:)

Attached for any who cares to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOUojVd6xQ

It comes from the manufacturer and is then passed on to dealer then the employee. If the dealer does not maintain a certain score (usually at/above the regional or national average), then they lose bonus money. So if the regional average is 93 and the dealer is at 91, they will lose $X per car sold. Alternatively, it could be viewed as a bonus from the manufacturer. Maintain an average above the region, and get $X per car sold. It just gets passed onto the salesperson as a reward/punishment because why would the salesperson care about if the dealer gets a bonus if it doesn’t affect them directly.

1 Like

If only overcharging was the problem. I was in a client for a couple years where I described their McKinsey relationship as:

• You hired them to remodel your kitchen, they burned your house down
  • Once you finally rebuilt your house from that fire, you hired them to come back and build a deck with an outdoor kitchen, knowing full well how it was going to end for you

They write some excellent white papers, and they employ some seriously brilliant folks. I would bankrupt my own business and hand the assets to my nemesis before I brought them in to do anything.

Not to be confused with McKesson, who are mostly harmless.

I actually find NPS to be useful for products, less-so for services. Even though a dealer is selling an OEM’s product, they are using NPS to measure their customer service, which IMHO is where it breaks down. It can be used to measure services, it requires the customer to know exactly what their responses are about, what the scale is (in the case of a Likert like this one), and how it will be used.

I design a lot of surveys administered to college educated people for whom English is their first language – I can always tell by the results who didn’t read the no-more-than-2-sentence-explaination I sweated over, because their results are flipped from everyone else. It helps to build-in some kick of CRC check so you can discard data that won’t be useful - the Dealers and OEMs don’t do that.

1 Like