5 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

3 Likes

Explain Please

Dang it… you beat me to the image… here’s my version:

2 Likes

But searching is half the fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Labor Day? More like holy crap, we need to sell more cars or we’re screwed day!

1 Like

When you move on from being a TH to TH Emeritus but you still want to TrustedHack.

6 Likes

Muscle memory

6 Likes

Most auto loans are securitized and sold off to my knowledge.

1 Like

John Oliver’s piece on the auto lending market is a good watch, commentary disagreements not-withstanding. Actually one of the things that dragged me into finance.

For explanations interest, loans are traded through a few different methods, GMF actually made a handy explanation so I don’t type it out.

While you have a few points, to point blank say they aren’t traded is just not true. Cars are only the second biggest purchase in the American dream. Little digging and you’ll find the SEC disclosures and ratings for them or check out the ticker GMREV.

4 Likes

Yabba dabba doo!

2 Likes

Interesting. My point was that they are not actively traded in highly leveraged way to my knowledge.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-13/bonds-backed-by-car-loans-are-selling-at-fastest-pace-in-years?in_source=embedded-checkout-banner

1 Like

:woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: my other points still stand

If anything is traded best believe their is some part of the market where it’s leveraged

Oh My God Reaction GIF
#YouAreACustomer

4 Likes

I may have missed your other points, but loan, debt and bond-based collateralized securities have been around forever as CDO, MBS, CLO, ABS and CBO securities. Auto loans, mortgages, corporate debt, student loans and even credit card debt can and are pooled then sold off all the time.

from Imgflip Meme Generator

7 Likes

Where are the pooooooorsche buyers
Especially all those idiots who tried to replicate the $500 a month but settled for 900+ :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes