Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

The best deals are on the units with the longest time under loaner service. They get written down the most. My understanding is 1.8% per month or so.

I can replicate this deal for myself but passed. Not a Macan fan but would consider the GTS trim.

Waiting for my Rover Sport!

6 Likes

What does written down mean?

@wam22 can elaborate. I believe it is monies Porsche gives them for the car as a loaner.

2 Likes

My thoughts. The biggest mooch of all.

I would be better off driving a Rover at MSRP with $25k equity for 1 year then sell it and have an effective monthly of zero dollars.

Can’t beat that hack.

2 Likes

Not if someone bumps into you and you have to run it through insurance.

10 Likes

They are written down but every dealer is different in how that is achieved. Some pass that money to sales, some keep it in service, and sometimes it goes towards the owner’s boat. So some dealers can sell a car at 15% off and make money on the sales side and others can sell it at 10% off and have it be a loser deal for sales.

3 Likes

Ha, even the same dealer won’t give it to you next day.

The one that sold Me $124pm Leaf, didn’t want to talk to me few months later when I was shopping for a Frontier.

4 Likes

an internet forum is not leverage.

7 Likes

I don’t think anyone likes to hear, “But someone else said so”

means the write off people paid for it

6 Likes

why stop at a sport and not take the full size?

For many dealers the standard operating procedure (SOP) is to just gaslight the customer whenever convenient.

It doesn’t matter what the source is, it could even be their own ad, they’ll tell you it’s not valid.

3 Likes

Those dealers have to be losing sales year to year as customer get smarter and the ones that get juiced like that don’t come back.

Do they? :thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

Kramer Write GIF - Kramer Write It - Discover & Share GIFs

9 Likes

Thank you, I was waiting for this!

1 Like

Shocked how long it took

4 Likes

Kids these days. Amirite?

2 Likes

Millennials becoming the new GenX, say it ain’t so!

Last time I heard you weren’t RR fan either :smirk:
It’s all about $$$

1 Like