Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

Do You Think This Is A Joke GIFs | Tenor

Who is she?

That is Kristen Bell.

Kristen Bell Reaction GIF

I would expect watch collector forums to have an older crowd though whereas I’d think car/lease hacking forums is a more functional thing that I’d assume younger people are more into. I’d expect older people to be more like “I don’t have time for this” or it’s too complicated, as it is with travel points hacking.

Obv my take could be completely wrong - we should do a poll.

3 Likes

7 Likes

you’d be surprised. its pretty mixed with a lot of younger people interested in the “first nice watch” or “my grandpa had a watch like this”, etc…

1 Like

I posted this recently but might as well post it here
How do you know someone is in the 50plus crowd? You can say out loud ‘Knowing is half the battle’ and they will finish it with ‘GI Joe!’

2 Likes

9 Likes

And if they’re in the 30-40 crowd and internet savvy, they’ll probably respond

“Who wants a body massage?”

1 Like

Egaz! My Childhood memories…Get off my lawn!

Those were pretty lame. Or is it because 50+ can’t get most of those jokes…computer one I didn’t get at all.

Again, who?

Kristen Bell is an American actress and singer known for her roles in films such as “Veronica Mars,” “The Good Place,” and “Frozen.” She has also appeared in television shows such as “Heroes” and “House of Lies.” Bell is a talented performer who has received critical acclaim for her work in both film and television.—chatgpt

2 Likes

I guess no kids or grandkids…That’s Anna from Disney Frozen…as well as a few other things. That little softcore thing from Netflix did open my eyes a bit.

Are you more of a Golden Girls type of guy?

1 Like

More like Bonanza and Daktari

Then they are 10+ Years Older than the target demo (buyers of toys and lunch boxes) for this cartoon when it first ran — e.g. those 50-somethings were probably baby sitting.

1 Like

???
Came out in 1983
50+ starts in 1973. That makes them 10…the perfect age for it.

The 10 year olds watching GI Joe at that time were being beat up by proper teenagers (I used to watch it happen). Probably my most vivid “first week of school” without my parents as a little guy (at the bus stop) was someone slightly older’s GI Joe lunch box and thermos being launched by a 13 year old — those Thermos were not nearly as indestructible as they claimed.

I was a fan of other contemporaries, but that was definitely targeted at the younger crowd.

Pretty much any cartoon watching made you are target for bullies back then. I’m not saying they yelled out Yo Joe! back then, you were 10, and it ID’d you as a nerd!

I’m just saying that just like singing the Conjunction Junction song, the GI Joe statement does identify you as a 50+.