Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

When the person who only researched via /r/askcarsales walks into the dealership.

11 Likes

I should have put 2 years on this meme

4 Likes

Was your iCloud hacked? I think I found your selfie:

5l07ws

8 Likes

Some days, vhooloo is all thumbs.

2 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

10 Likes

Leasehackr: same useful reply is pasted in every low-effort ‘need help’ post.

r/askcarsales: telephone game where the comments get worse the more you read

The “$50 discount” thread in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/pcdxhe/42k_for_2022_hyundai_tucson_limited_reasonable/
Bonus: this thread starts with “My mom is considering going to the dealership tomorrow and accepting this.”

A daily disaster: https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/pcifka/urgent_help_needed_with_car_lease_i_signed_would/

“Hello, so I leased my car (Honda Civic) for the first time yesterday… Salesperson and I agreed on the monthly lease I’m okay with(466 x 48 months), and it was fine until this financial manager lady in the end hustled me into signing a bunch of warranty for ~3k. In that moment, I was in quite a rush as I was late for my job and signed the lease… (monthly payment went up from 466 to 540
(Canadian, 4-year leases are the usual. 1 CAD = 0.8 USD. $428 USD/month x 48 = $20,544. No down payment mentioned, but…)

4 Likes

I always find these funny… “I was late for dinner/work/date/etc, but decided to go lease a new car, and I only had time to say yes to everything. Would have taken way too long to say no.”

12 Likes

Me: mom, can we buy quality lease hacking advice?
Mom: no, we have quality lease hacking advice at home.
Quality lease hacking advice at home:

9 Likes

Hacking is still possible, folks.

meme

10 Likes

"Dear Mr. , thank you for buying the following protection packages:

1. Honda Plus, comprehensive warranty and roadside assistance $748
  2. Honda Lease Guard, waives up to $7500 in damages at lease end $898
  3. Global appearance protection, tire rim scratch dent key replacement, interior rip tear windshield repair $1299"

… interior rip tear …
… interior rip tear …

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I can’t even understand this meme. Explain it like I am a 5 year old …
What’s wrong with using Rule of Thumb (1%) to evaluate a deal quickly and then using @mllcb42’s patented formula to get the real numbers …

You know how engineers test concrete in the field using a slump test? They don’t run fancy numbers. They put it in a bucket and plop the concrete out on the ground… rule of thumb … If something is not right, then they go back to the specs and see what what the “numbers” are …

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Truth about infamous “1% rule”

This may help.

1 Like

Because 1.25% might be an amazing deal on some cars and 0.75% might be a terrible deal on others.

fat accord type s

16 Likes

5 Likes

I believe in @vhooloo 1% rule, but I’m a pre-TTL 1% ruler.

2 Likes