Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

OK, this is the one that broke me. And during a meeting!

3 Likes

I like how it says the ā€œfront seatsā€ are heatedā€¦what other seats are there in this?

1 Like

Been on the lot for 40 days and they ā€˜dropped the priceā€™ by $11000ā€¦hehe. Yah that will bring in the sales.

And 20k over 5 years? Sounds like someone was using it for daily driver.

Edit : Just realized, who in the heck traded in an Lambo for a Kia?

Only depreciated about 96k after 4 or 5 yearsā€¦ not terrible I guess.

General Manager to Used Car Manager. ā€œ You took WHAT as a trade?!?ā€

1 Like

I recall a similar situation a year or so ago and it was the owner of the Kia dealershipā€™s car.

typical way for dealership owners to ā€œwrite offā€ a business car and run it through the books while using a cool car.

3 Likes

Well you know that Ethan worked for a Kia dealership at one pointā€¦heheā€¦

5 Likes

There was just enough equity to pay for the markup on the Kia.

Still have oneā€¦ donā€™t dare get into it for fear of collapsing it :rofl:

1 Like

I bet all the sales people use that thing like a prop.

Listen these Tellurides are HOT! Last week guy came in and traded in his Lambo and paid $20k over sticker! Look thereā€™s the Lambo!

7 Likes

3 Likes

wow, a whole hour from the post to meme, slipping man, not good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did someone get a screenshot from our Zoom Happy Hours? This is exactly how we all look IRL. :clap:t2::clap:t2:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s this thing called ā€˜Lunchā€™! Here in Cali, we usually do lunch around lunch time.

1 Like

It always comes as a surprise to me that not the entire world is on NYC time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As former East Coaster now living on the West Coast: there is no greater ethnocentrism on Earth than those who exist on Eastern Time.

Also when I am Emperor: no Daylight Saving Time and no Time Zones.

7 Likes

Yes! Daylight saving never made sense to me. Why not just change the business hours instead of forcibly changing everyoneā€™s clock?

4 Likes

Zero. If you think I have lease opinions, get me up on my ā€œEnergy Policy Act of 2005ā€ soapbox.

Then again, time keeping is mostly an artifact of synchronizing the rail system, and our broken calendar is a 13th Century artifact from Pope Gregory.

1. We can do better
  2. If you donā€™t believe me, take a Computer Science 1 class where you have to calculate if itā€™s a leap year (try not to introduce any memory leaks along the way like I did).

In Johntopia: everyone uses UTC/GMT for time, and a 13 month/28 day lunar calendar. And the months are not named after Roman hob-goblins.

7 Likes