Leased car accident (Audi Q5)

which insurance company you have?

I don’t know what to say other than to get a new carrier?

Like I said above… I was on the phone when the total loss adjuster called in to Audi to get the total payoff and there was no discussion about them saying to send everything including the surplus.

Yes. Geico Insurance said same thing to me . Insurance will send entire payment to leasing company.

Not sure about other insurance…

Leasing company will decide what to do with overage payment …

1 Like

Damn they got you coming and going. If I were you that would be my last Audi*

*VW is already on my banned list

If it’s stated in the lease contract that Audi will return any excess money from insurance payout, then that should be the final binding. If Audi is not abiding by this contract then it smells like a lawsuit. Personally I’m at my 3rd lease with VW/Audi and have pleasant experience so far. VW didn’t even charge me anything when I returned my CC with broken rear bumper.

Their explanation is if there is excess money, they only credit to you up to your insurance deduction. So if you have $500 deduction, you get $500, they still keep the remaining.

I got 90% plus of my Audicare back when I totaled my Q5 3.5 years ago…I live in California which has a lot of consumer protection, so that’s why.

1 Like

I am in CA too. I guess I just ignore what they said about AUDIcare. Call later to cancel it, hope to get my money back. By the way, did you call dealer or AUDIFS to cancel Audicare?

My only comment to all of this is why file claim with your own insurance company y if you are not at fault, pay deductible, have a record claim and face higher insurance down the road?
You have the other party insurance so file the claim directly with them. Did that with my Jetta rear-ended.

1 Like

Police report is not yet available. still not after 2 weeks! I don’t have the other party’s insurance info. During the accident, police took care of everything. So far I have no complaint on how my insurance handling my claim. Yes, I have to pay the deductible up front. Based on my research, isn’t better to have my own insurance to take care of a case with significant loss? I am going to recover my deductible from at-fault party’s insurance. I am also going to claim for my loss of vehicle loss during this period of time. I addition, I suffer some minor injury that want to file a claim against the other party. It is going to be a lengthy process.

I actually did ask liberty mutual, If I claim with them, will my future premium going up? they told me no if not my fault. Hopefully, they did not lie to me.

From I’ve seen they always say no and they still jack it up.
With my accident I filed everything with insurance of the party at fault as I got the other person insurance at the time of the accident.
And that insurance paid for my medical (hospital, doctors visits, PT visits) and even for “suffering” without having to involved lawyers.
Non of that went through my insurance.
Because I was always told if not at fault don’t file with your insurance unless you have to like in case of uninsured motorist.
But again it’s my experience.

1 Like

You will get most of Audicare back if you are in CA. Even if you only did the 20k and 30k service you get a check in the mail. If you look at the Audicare brochure it sates non-refundable except for CA.

1 Like

Wasn’t my experience in 2017 in CA: rear-ended, 100% their fault, claim through my insurance including MedPay, rates never went up.

Although you could eat off my CLUE report :nail_care:t2:

I agree with you. I learned that the hard way many years ago when I was rear ended and went through my insurance company. Then, whenever I shopped around for auto insurance quotes it would be significantly higher then my current policy. The constant explanation that I received was that I filed a claim resulting in $1000+ damage…(Despite not being at fault). HUH!!! SMH!!

Update. I got a very bad news today. After Liberty mutual talking to AudiFS, LM will have to issue the entire check to them since Audi is the actual owner. There is a about $6000 surplus. Based on the conversation with Audi previously, Audi will not issue a penny to me. As I said, I already paid $1400 for the first month, registration, etc. In this case, I will loss everything :sob: I am in CA, which hopefully has some consumer protection. Can anyone please help?! Thanks,

1 Like

Its not a good news. Are you planning to file any law suit.

The leasing contract I signed is in favor of Audi (they get the excess settlement money and credit to me any remaining unused maintenance fee). What can I sue for? sue for unfairness of the contract? I guess I am out of luck.

You have to mail-in a written request to cancel it. It should be on your Audicare contract.

It’ll take like 3 months and you won’t hear from them in the meantime, but a check will show up.

Probably not but speak with an attorney

irongunner here said that he got back excess money from AudiFS in CA: Leased Porsche involved in a car accident, totaled question. I’m not sure whether Audi change lease agreement words since then. I’d definitely talk to some attorney as others have suggested.