Leased a new Rivian, signed the final contract, and paid the due at signing. Rivian is trying to not honor the deal

Agreed, don’t go nuclear on Rivian in social media. Simply state what has happened.

Just a small update to this thread, I did not go nuclear on their social media. Just talked with them and they realized their mistake. I think the R1S will be updated with this factory shutdown, so they figured it’s an older model and the newer version will get a better premium, so they might as well just take the deal and keep a happy customer.

Rivian Sales contacted me last Friday and we spoke. I had the R1S Shop/Inventory website opened and we found a 2024 Forest Green - White Interior - Standard Wheels - Quad - Large 2024 available. He said he would run it by leadership to see if they would agree to the deal. the 2024 had standard wheels, whit interior ($2k option) and no underbody, the 2023 had $2500 wheels which is the difference, the underbody was $2000 and black interior standard.

Looks like they did and gave me the 2023 pricing.

2023 Car MSRP about $98,250.00 w/ selling at $92,050.00 (includes $1800 dest fee)
2024 car MSRP about $95750 w/ selling at $89,550.00 (includes $1800 dest fee)

Right now my due at signing was a few bucks cheaper ($3). I have not seen the official lease paperwork to see my monthly payments, but my assumption is it will be cheaper than the 2023, but if it’s the same I’m okay with it cause the 2023 was $70 cheaper a month due to being older, which the wheels at $2500 on the 2023 is about $70 a month. So I think that’s a wash.

Pick up planned for Tuesday.

11 Likes

Glad to hear it apparently worked out for you. Enjoy!

Share pics!

Financing team made a few mistakes but finally spoke with the guide today and I think everything is on track for tomorrow delivery. Financing team had to fix their paperwork mistakes, hoping that doesn’t impact delivery. Waiting on final word if everything is good to go. I’m also an idiot, my due at signing refund will be $250+

3 yr lease
12k miles a year

MSRP $95,750.00
Premium Exterior Discount -$1,750.00
Preorder Leasing Promotion-$6,250.00
Vehicle subtotal $87,750.00
Delivery fee $1,800
Total $89,550.00

Taxes* $2,530.66
Acquisition fee $895.00
Home delivery fee$0.00
Documentation fee$347.00
Title & registration fees$258.75
Down payment$0.00
Total due at signing$4,473.78
$1,000 original reservation fee

Monthly payment $613.08

6 Likes

Was this for a R1T or R1S? I just received my offer from leasehackr and I responded to the email with a couple questions.I am looking to get into an R1T myself. Thanks for the share!

My bad, i read above. R1S. Congrats!

And delivery rescheduled again…because they sent me 3 different leases, they messed it up even after calling and texting with my guide. Had to have him go back through a certain recorded phone call where they agreed to the 2023 lease deal on the 2024 VIN. Even with me talking to the guide, him writing everything down and repeating it back to me to confirm, they still mess it up.

• The first lease was right, showing the $613 mo plus the $250ish refund from due at signing. I signed it but right away but someone must have entered in another lease.
  • Then second lease they made it 10k miles, payment at $585. I noticed the price and mileage difference and contacted guide.
  • Then the third lease came in to signing it and the guide goes Monthly at $711 and you owe us $101. So they put me back at the 2024 pricing as they removed the lease adjustment.
  • Now I’m waiting on the fourth lease agreement.

I’ll clean up the timeline later, add more details, and send it to Rivian leadership after I sign the contract.

1 Like

I missed you has the pre order promo and was wondering how you got those great numbers. Congrats. Hope you get the car soon.

Yes, my preorder was from October of 2021. I put the reservation down for the wife as she loves 3 row SUVs and I like fast electric cars. With the lease deal they had going, it was a no brainer to get the vehicle we wanted. I finally contacted sales once I got the email about the pre-order pricing would be granted on a lease (around $6250 instead of the 20% if I purchased).

I tried to get one of the etron gt deals, missed out. Looking at tesla lease deals and they didn’t look great last month. Tried looking for other cars, but either outside my budget or I wouldn’t be able to drive them often (such as a supra or m2).

Kind of ridiculous that you have to give them the DAS before taking delivery, I assume that’s just “how it is” with Rivian.

Small update again, let me know if I’m asking too much.

I reach out to my guide around 12:30 this afternoon as I haven’t heard anything back from them or sales. I contacted customer service and called the sales number I had and left a voicemail. I wanted to know when they would fix the numbers to go to what we agreed to and saw on the first lease from yesterday, showing $613 a month plus a $250ish refund from due at signing. I signed it immediately but somehow someone else put in another lease (from my post earlier for exact details).

Yesterday the guide mentioned if a deal wasn’t signed by 4pm, the next day delivery appointment would have to be canceled. So he canceled it and we rescheduled for Wednesday 1pm. This is why I was pushing my guide to get the lease agreement.

At 1:30pm, I get the third lease again at $711. Nothing changed.

I reach out to my guide mentioning this. I was just trying to get the deal we both agreed to (2023 lease rates on a 2024, the deal I signed yesterday, and what Rivian sales proposed as a solution and leadership approved). Approximately 2 hours later I get a text saying that they might not be able to get my numbers, I mention “These are not my numbers, these are the numbers Rivian and Chase provided.”

I get an email at 3:30pm and they now show $638 a month and only a refund of $120ish. Instead of doing the 2023 lease rates that they said they would and what they did originally, they are now just discounting off the MSRP (an extra $2k off for interior and $500 vehicle price adjustment). I feel like they waited till the last 30 minutes so I would be rushed to take the offer and still have my delivery date for tomorrow.

So right now I’m at $613.08 and $4,473.78 = $25,931.58
They’re at $637.82 and $4,565.31 = $26,889.01
Approximately a difference of $957.43 for the 3 year lease term. That’s about 1 and a half payments.

I’m not asking for anything more than what we agreed to, am I wrong?

1 Like

I read this from the beginning - and my compliments to your tenacity.
Frankly - tomorrow (right) you can be driving the Rivian you want (on their terms) and put this behind you.
The longer you stay “in the Number’s” the more exasperated your will be.
The sooner you are driving the Rivian - happy - that’s the kicker for you.

Looks like your Rivian Guide made a burner.

Just kidding, in a way, I kind of agree.

Push back a bit, see what happens, and if nothing, decide if dealing with this headache is worth the 1k over 3 years and either sign it or don’t.

1 Like

My exact reaction :face_with_monocle:

totally agree but would slightly rephrase: does this headache portend of the next 36 months dealing with Rivian, or are they just as bad at calculating leases as most Americans?

Either way @b_ack51 good luck and appreciate all the updates. :crossed_fingers:

Can you explain “made a burner”? All I can think of is untraceable phones.

If it’s about the 2023 lease rates on a 2024, Rivian does record all phone calls so I have that and told them to check the phone logs of the call when they mentioned the deal.

I’m planning to reach out to them soon this morning, as I don’t want to wait till the afternoon and having to deal with this another evening. Good/bad idea?

It doesnt surprise me that they cant give the 23 lease programs on a 24, but should offset the discount to match the payment they agreed to.

1 Like

That account was made 12 hours ago and is encouraging you to just accept the deal as is without any further push back.

They mean your guide created a new “burner” account and is posting as a random user to make you think it’s a good enough deal to just sign and be done with.

Largely a joke with a hint of “that’s suspicious timing”

2 Likes

After a text documenting my timeline to the guide, which was forwarded to leadership. Didn’t feel the best sending it, but it just listed everything I went through, it finally got a fire lit and got an even better deal than I could think of.

I was able to pickup the car today about an hour ago. It’s fucking amazing!

Thank you to everyone who posted advice and messaged me with help. I appreciate it. So does the wife

4 Likes

Congratulations! Post pics in the trophy garage

1 Like