[lease] What would be an ideal next car?

Based in Northern NJ and willing to drive within 300-500 miles depending on the deal.

I am currently on my second lease of the same model, a 2021 Land Rover RR Evoque SE.

My current lease ends in June and I’m kind of nervous about it. Mainly cause I don’t know what I’d want after this.

I got this one for 3K down and $509 a month. 10K miles, 39 month. The generation prior to that $399 with the same down and terms.

I am thinking I want bigger and really like the velar. My local dealer tried offering me $890 with 5k down. I let the advisor know that’s about $70 worse than the nationally advertised promo on the LR website.

The main features I like that have been specific to this model which I really want to keep in my next car are the camera rear view mirror, and the hold function while in drive.

Other than those two I’m looking for a luxury vehicle that rides good, quite cabin, and a smaller to medium suv or crossover.

I’m fine with going up a bit, $650-700 ish, and fine with up to 3-5k down.

I’ve mainly stuck to looking at Mercedes Benz, and Land Rover. Not a huge fan of the teslas but generally open to EVs.

I’ve tried lease brokers in the past but they never were able to get me a better deal than I was able to find by calling a couple dealers.

Everywhere I look I’m just disappointed whether it’s price or features. Any help would be appreciated.

Learn how to use the lease calc and come up with a target payment of your own using expected discount, incentives, MF, RV, etc for the term and model you are looking at.

1 Like

I’m asking around for the MF, Residual, and Incentives but wanted to get a general idea of what others opinions were.

Update edit: just saw I can post that if I support the site

Absolutely, if you have your ducks in a row on the calc you should be able to tell a dealer the payment (reasonable number, based on calc and real world discount/incentive data) you want along with the DAS you want and see if they will bite.

PS, in general if not an EV you are going to find lease payments that are much much higher than they were a few years ago.

Doubt you will remotely even come near that number on any LH. Might have to look into other brands lol

That’s your best bet right now.

Click on Marketplace

FYI anything in there right now under March programs is good until probably EOD Monday or Tuesday latest.

Try Mercedes EQE, Audi Q4, Volvo XC40, Polestar, etc etc

I’m open to other brands which is why I mentioned those others and was looking for suggestions if there were any deals the community might have been aware of to point me into a better direction.

Either way, do we think things will change in 6 months? I can do a one time extension.