Lease Under $300 per Month

Rav4 is definitely a nice car, but plug-in is not a pure ev, you still have an ICE with 600 mile range on gasoline.

I used to think your advice to only text/email to get to the best deal was spot on but don’t any longer. Also, I’ve also only leased 6 vehicles so probably (read: definitely) have a lot to learn.

With the last two cars (2019 Subaru Impreza and 2019 Porsche Boxster S), I found emailing/texting to be incredibly time consuming. Particularly since I reached out to about 14 dealers in both cases. In the end, two phone calls and less than 15 minutes of conversation got me deals better than anything I’d gotten with emailing 14 different dealers and sending several hundred total emails over several days.

Currently my best advice is:

1. Search leasehackr.com for the best deal/s you can find on the same model car and year with same/very similar msrp.
  2. Based on the best deals you find, commit in your mind to a precise number of features or build on a specific vehicle and a lease number you’re willing to pay. E.g. any 2020 BMW M340i, sunroof/heated seats, $1000 total DAS and $500/month on a 36/10 including all taxes/fees/doc/registration.
  3. Then, late in a calendar month, call every dealer around and ask them for that exact vehicle and what they charge for the terms you want (e.g. 2020 M340i with sunroof/heated seats, 36/10 with $1000 total DAS including all taxes/fees/doc/registration). PRO-TIP: ask how much more it costs them to deliver the vehicle.
  4. It’s likely they will either ask you what you are looking to spend (say, “Not sure yet, still shopping around”) or they will give you a quote.
  5. Regardless of the quote, say “Unfortunately all I can spend to lease this vehicle is $1000 total DAS and $500/month on a 36/10 including all taxes/fees/doc/registration and delivery.”
  6. They will (almost definitely) tell you they can’t do that.
  7. Tell them you totally understand and will reach out to a couple other dealers. Remember, honey not vinegar.
  8. Wait. (This is the hardest part.)
  9. Towards the very end of the month (in my very limited experience it is towards the last 3-4 days of the calendar month), one or two dealers will reach back out to you to see if you’re still looking for a vehicle.
  10. Say yes and again ask them if they can meet your terms.
  11. If they can, look the leasing contract over with a fine toothed comb to make sure there is no funny business and if it’s legit then commit.
  12. If they can’t, ask how close they can get you.
  13. If none of the dealers are willing to get to your $number$ you have a choice to make: take the best deal you’ve been offered so far OR wait until the very end of the calendar month to see if anyone reaches out a second time, knowing that you may not get your car at the deal you wanted this month. I’m very partial to the second option.
  14. If the second option occurs, tell yourself there’s a good chance you will not get your car this month.
  15. Repeat the same process the very next month.
7 Likes

Search the forum for a better Legacy deal that was posted.

Thank you for the good advices.
Works best for people who can afford to wait for another month or so, or take the the best option you got.

I do agree phone call will help save a lot of the time but you need to get something in writing before you step in the dealer for sure.

Emailing does seem to weed out the dealers that are sky high and don’t want to negotiate much. I’ve had great success emailing then following up with a call. I don’t find it time consuming because you can respond to dealers on your timeline and can deal with them while at work.

The best part about emailing is when you get to the dealer to sign/take delivery and they try to pull the “we never said that was before incentives” or something like that, you just hand them the email print out of what they agreed to in writing.

I lease 2020 Acura Tlx Aspec $40,425 for 280 per month.

You can definitely do a $299 S&D lease on a Jeep right now. I went to Transitowne on Transit and got a Cherokee Limited for $289 with $0 out of pocket at all. 3/36k lease. It was advertised at $299 and plates out of pocket but my military discount of $500 took care of the plates and knocked me down to $289 and change. I worked with Dino and he was awesome. They have even lower deals on the Compass’ which are great. I also believe the Rams are under $280. Stop in and chat, they represent more than just Jeep so chances are you’ll find something under $300 S&D.

1 Like

You didnt lease a 40,425 Aspec for 280 per month. Thats not possible (not even close) unless you dropped a huge down payment. Share your numbers if you can

4 Likes

I had the opportunity to do a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E lease for $299 with $299 DAS 24mo/10k miles inc tax here in NJ. But it’s such a basic model… decided I needed a bit more features.

I looked into that Jeep and you needed to be turning a GC in the next year to qualify for a 1500 incentive which I didn’t.

I did. I will tx u my break down later on.

That’s great deal . Let’s see how the number works.

Please tell me how you did that. I like Acura’s and want to lease one

Email and call combo usually works for me.

I think that it shows a little bit of interest to motivate salespeople/managers to start working on the deal rather than just placing your email in a pile of everybody else and their lease numbers.

Just make a thread.

This is a forum, which is used by people to reference other deals. You got a good deal, and probably used the forum, so please be sure to pass things along.

Good for you. Posting additional info on your deal might be helpful to others on LH. When did you sign? What was the pre-incentive sale price? What rebates did you qualify for? What were the terms of the lease (36 months/10k miles)? How much was due at signing (DAS)?

As someone else suggested, you should post your numbers in the “Shared Deals” section.

Hello. This is my first time leasing a car and I don’t really know what’s the lowest lease payment you can ask for. I’m interested in the 2020 Hyundai Sonata SEL with leather seats. The car is valued around $31,000. The lowest I saw a dealer sell it for is $26,600. So if I worked off of that what is a reasonable price to negotiate for? I also plan to do 36 mo/15k/$0 down the best.

@auer

First off, start a new thread. Secondly, work with @NurseAl. She has some of the best deals on here for Hyundai.

Here is her broker page…

1 Like

Stop looking at dealer advertised offers.

Spend some time reading through the leasing 101 section here. Then get rv/mf/incentives from edmunds for what you’re looking for. Then read through other sonata threads here to get an idea of pre-incentive discount targets. Use all that to put together a target deal for the vehicle you’re looking for. Don’t bother talking to a dealer until you already know what the vehicle should lease for.